Wow- great bag

Old May 6th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Wow- great bag

On Wed, 06 May 2009 10:45:31 -0500, bdubya
wrote this crap:

Packing for a quick trip to CO (which will include a few laps at
A-Basin tomorrow), I realized that the North Face convertible
backpack/suitcase I was packing has been with me on every single ski
trip, about half of my hikes or camping trips, and every road or rail
trip I've been on since 1986. Wow. Lotta miles on that bag... and
it's still in great shape. Good piece of gear.

bw

I'm with you, dude. I have a Land's End bag that I take with me.
Carry on, of course. My boots fit in them.

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

Here's a good tip. If your village has a sail maker, visit him. Most
make sail bags, and gym style bags which sailors use to hold their
gear. These are great for carry-on. Some even make them in kevlar.
These will last forever.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

Old May 6th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 06 May 2009 10:54:44 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

If you mean those neat nylon ratcheting things, they ARE re-usable. If you
mean the little pieces of paper- or plastic-wrapped wire, never mind.

Always think about back up. That's leadership. Put a little paint or
glue on the ty-rap. You'll know if the luggage was tampered with.

Have a nice day, and remember to vote for Palin-Ahnold in 2012.

Old May 6th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

bdubya wrote this crap:

Packing for a quick trip to CO (which will include a few laps at
A-Basin tomorrow), I realized that the North Face convertible
backpack/suitcase I was packing has been with me on every single ski
trip, about half of my hikes or camping trips, and every road or rail
trip I've been on since 1986. Wow. Lotta miles on that bag... and
it's still in great shape. Good piece of gear.

I've got a North Face jacket that I really like. It's hard to snap the snaps
with gloves on, but not so difficult that I'm willing to sew on velcro thingies.

I'm with you, dude. I have a Land's End bag that I take with me.
Carry on, of course. My boots fit in them.

Gear bags are dirt cheap at yard sales and I'm a collector, so I'm unlikely to
ever wear one out -- Well, maybe the one I use to store the other bags in.
What I DO love, however, are the Ameribag 'Healthy Back' handbags. Not cheap
(except at yard sales, of course), but they come in different sizes, are
indestructable, and have lots of inner and outer pockets.

Ameribag. The ones made in Malaya or Taiwan exhibit better workmanship than the
ones made in China.

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

If you mean those neat nylon ratcheting things, they ARE re-usable. If you
mean the little pieces of paper- or plastic-wrapped wire, never mind.

Here's a good tip. If your village has a sail maker, visit him. Most
make sail bags, and gym style bags which sailors use to hold their
gear. These are great for carry-on. Some even make them in kevlar.
These will last forever.

And resist gunshots too. Never can tell when that might be useful.

--
Cheers, Bev
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Old May 6th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 06 May 2009 08:28:14 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

Yeah about that:

http://www.youvvZl6pLI

I hate it when dumbass people post links and don't say what they're
about, dumbass. That's not leadership, dumbass.

But anything you do, like the ty-raps, is likely to make them simply
move on to an unlocked back... like mine

Dave

Put a little glue, or paint on the ty-raps. They'll just move to the
next bag, dumbass.

And treat people with respect, dumbass.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012, dumbass.

Old May 6th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5mvvZl6pLI

Old May 6th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote this crap:

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

If you mean those neat nylon ratcheting things, they ARE re-usable. If you
mean the little pieces of paper- or plastic-wrapped wire, never mind.

Always think about back up. That's leadership. Put a little paint or
glue on the ty-rap. You'll know if the luggage was tampered with.

People who fly with non-carry-on baggage are NOT leaders; real leaders have
minions to deal with checked baggage.

I finally found a medium-size soft carry-on bag with wheels at a yard sale for
$2. I could probably have got it for $1, but you can't guess right every time.
Minions are more trouble than they're worth unless you can kill them when
they've outlived their usefulness, and that just doesn't seem right.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Some people say that when it rains it means that God is crying,
Old May 6th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

On Wed, 06 May 2009 08:28:14 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

Yeah about that:

http://www.youvvZl6pLI

I hate it when dumbass people post links and don't say what they're
about, dumbass. That's not leadership, dumbass.

That was thoughtless of me, I understand your frustration and I
apologize.

- for those of you just now joining the thread, the youtube link
demonstrates the ease that any suitcase with a nylon zipper can be open
and resealed despite being locked.

But anything you do, like the ty-raps, is likely to make them simply
move on to an unlocked back... like mine

Dave

Put a little glue, or paint on the ty-raps. They'll just move to the
next bag, dumbass.

I'm not clear on how that would work.

And treat people with respect, dumbass.

Naturally.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012, dumbass.

Respectfully, we may have to agree to disagree on that one.

Old May 6th 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 06 May 2009 12:59:59 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I have a custom made bag for my skis and poles, and I have a custom
made bag for my golf clubs, if I take them. I use ty-raps to seal my
bags so I know that the airport personnel won't open them.

People who fly with non-carry-on baggage are NOT leaders; real leaders have
minions to deal with checked baggage.

Good point. I appreciate your kind comments, but skis, and golf clubs
just cannot go in the overhead compartments.

Be the best, and tell others to be the best. That's leadership.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhhnonld in 2012.

That's what Ronald Reagan would have wanted.

Old May 6th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 06 May 2009 11:32:40 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

I hate it when dumbass people post links and don't say what they're
about, dumbass. That's not leadership, dumbass.

That was thoughtless of me, I understand your frustration and I
apologize.

I accept your apology. I realize that you are a stout warrior.

- for those of you just now joining the thread, the youtube link
demonstrates the ease that any suitcase with a nylon zipper can be open
and resealed despite being locked.

Put a little glue, or paint on the ty-raps. They'll just move to the
next bag, dumbass.

I'm not clear on how that would work.

It's pretty simple. Some airplane glue or Elmer's glue in the zipper
part would make it hard to open the bag. A little bit of paint on the
ty-raps would make it easy to see if the baggage was tampered with.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhhhhnold in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

A Great Day, Everyone A mighty Hungarian warrior Alpine Skiing 2 December 8th 08 11:02 AM
great skiing lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 5 April 17th 08 02:20 AM
Another great day MattB Alpine Skiing (moderated) 5 March 25th 05 10:43 PM
Great Falls Montana skatepark Great Pictures :::::::::::::::::::: READ skate pics montana man Snowboarding 0 October 28th 04 07:06 PM
Great Prices Philip Spotts Marketplace 0 December 2nd 03 07:20 PM