Yo, SoCalians!

Old February 17th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Default Yo, SoCalians!

Waterman is open Monday at 8:00. Newcomb's and Sport Chalet both say
the road is open. WOO-HOO!

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old February 17th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

The Real Bev wrote:
Waterman is open Monday at 8:00. Newcomb's and Sport Chalet both say
the road is open. WOO-HOO!

Go for it.

I, on the other hand, came down to the flatlands to enjoy a strangely
deserted urban cityscape, for apparently (and as I expected) many of the
flatlanders have traveled to the vertical world, creating a nightmarish
mob of people spreading wealth among the poverty stricken - at least
enough to get them through several weeks of minimal wages.

As the mantra goes (oh so very Siddharthan)
"Come late, bring cash, go home early."
Repeat ad infinitum.
Old February 18th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

The Real Bev wrote:

Waterman is open Monday at 8:00. Newcomb's and Sport Chalet both say
the road is open. WOO-HOO!

Yup! Chairs 1 and 2 were open and they were going to open Chair 3 if it
softened up enough, but I left before that happened. I'm glad I went,
but there's not enough intermediate stuff and too many trees. Plenty of
snow, though. This is the first time it's been open for a lot of years.

They're going to be open next weekend too. Call first, just in case...

--
Cheers, Bev
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""
Old February 18th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Waterman is open Monday at 8:00. Newcomb's and Sport Chalet both say
the road is open. WOO-HOO!

Yup! Chairs 1 and 2 were open and they were going to open Chair 3 if it
softened up enough, but I left before that happened.

Huh? They were waiting for chair 3 to soften up? Was it rusted solid
or something?

I'm glad I went..

But of course. 90% of success is just showing up.

//Walt

Old February 18th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:

But of course. 90% of success is just showing up.

Hi, Chauncey! Been out in the garden?
Old February 18th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

But of course. 90% of success is just showing up.

Hi, Chauncey! Been out in the garden?

Right neighborhood, wrong house.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ody_allen.html

//Walt
//
//..and I'm off by 10%...
Old February 19th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Waterman is open Monday at 8:00. Newcomb's and Sport Chalet both say
the road is open. WOO-HOO!

Yup! Chairs 1 and 2 were open and they were going to open Chair 3 if it
softened up enough, but I left before that happened.

Huh? They were waiting for chair 3 to soften up? Was it rusted solid
or something?

Literalist! OK, so I wasn't all that clear. Just in case explanation
is actually needed, they were waiting for the SNOW to soften up. I
guess I'm not the only one who hates skiing through chopped-up frozen crap.

I'm glad I went..

But of course. 90% of success is just showing up.

Simplist!

--
Cheers,
Bev