Boot heel pieces

Old February 9th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Young Man Winter

Default Boot heel pieces

On 2008-01-28 16:49:42 -0500, "Ernieman"
said:

Most ski boot manufacturers mention "replaceable heel piece", but I
have not had any luck finding anyone selling them on the internet. The
heel piece is a semicircular, about two inch, piece of plastic held on
with two screws. I need these for Lange and Dolomite boots. I tried
both Lange and Dolomite websites, and Google and Google newsgroups, but
did not have any luck. Does anyone know of a source? Do ski shops
carry these?

Thank you,

Ernie

Next time try these : http://www.snowshack.com/detail/SNW+SI-03490+J

Old February 9th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ernieman

On 2008-01-28 16:49:42 -0500, "Ernieman"
said:

Most ski boot manufacturers mention "replaceable heel piece", but I have
not had any luck finding anyone selling them on the internet. The heel
piece is a semicircular, about two inch, piece of plastic held on with
two screws. I need these for Lange and Dolomite boots. I tried both
Lange and Dolomite websites, and Google and Google newsgroups, but did
not have any luck. Does anyone know of a source? Do ski shops carry
these?

Thank you,

Ernie

Next time try these : http://www.snowshack.com/detail/SNW+SI-03490+J

Yes, we have the "Cat Tracks", but in about 10 years since we bought them,
we used them once -- the day we bought them. It is such a hassle to pack
them in the suitcases, and then carry them with you all day. If you are
going to check them in a locker, you might as well wear shoes, and check
those in a locker. To me the Cat Tracks are like tire-chains, great idea,
but how often do you actually bother to use them?

Ernie

Old February 9th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On 2008-01-28 16:49:42 -0500, "Ernieman"
said:

[...]

Ummm. When the "Chains reqiured" sign is up? I heard the other day that
violation is a $500 fine here in Washington.

Old February 10th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Bob F wrote:

"Ernieman" wrote:

To me the Cat Tracks are like tire-chains, great idea, but how often
do you actually bother to use them?

Ummm. When the "Chains reqiured" sign is up? I heard the other day that
violation is a $500 fine here in Washington.

In SoCal armed Highway Patrolmen prevent access to the unchained. At
the go-no go point guys with floor jacks do a thriving business
installing your chains for you.

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Old February 10th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:

"Ernieman" wrote:

To me the Cat Tracks are like tire-chains, great idea, but how often do you
actually bother to use them?

Ummm. When the "Chains reqiured" sign is up? I heard the other day that
violation is a $500 fine here in Washington.

In SoCal armed Highway Patrolmen prevent access to the unchained. At the
go-no go point guys with floor jacks do a thriving business installing your
chains for you.

I haven't seen that here in Washington for probably 20 years. Before that, they
would rent you chains for the day, or put on yours, according to the signs. I
guess, they just don't require chains often enough. And, of course, 2/3 of the
cars going to the ski area are 4 wheelers, which get by the requirement almost
all the time.

Old February 10th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Bob F wrote:

"Ernieman" wrote:

To me the Cat Tracks are like tire-chains, great idea, but how often do you
actually bother to use them?

Ummm. When the "Chains reqiured" sign is up? I heard the other day that
violation is a $500 fine here in Washington.

In SoCal armed Highway Patrolmen prevent access to the unchained. At the
go-no go point guys with floor jacks do a thriving business installing your
chains for you.

I haven't seen that here in Washington for probably 20 years. Before that, they
would rent you chains for the day, or put on yours, according to the signs. I
guess, they just don't require chains often enough. And, of course, 2/3 of the
cars going to the ski area are 4 wheelers, which get by the requirement almost
all the time.

I think they're a lot more careful -- with reason -- with SoCalians, who
can barely cope with rain much less snow and ice. The chain-guys appear
only when chains are actually required, which is, as far as I can tell,
only when normal people actually need them and is pretty rare. When
I've had to put chains on (yeah, I did it myself!) I was never sorry I'd
done it, although it's a monumental nuisance.

--
Cheers,
Bev