Jay T's Thanksgiving Ski Camp '03 Day 2

Old November 28th 03, 06:36 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default Jay T's Thanksgiving Ski Camp '03 Day 2

Another day at the famed "Comenkollen" in Saint Paul. It's great to be
on snow locally during Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully the snow will
survive the predicted warm temps for next week. Today, I skated for 3
hours using my first generation Supra Caps. I had Rex Blue on for
glide which worked perfectly. I skied with John O'Connell and Fred,
the Hammer, Kueffer Jr. Fred is a top 100 Birkie skier. He classic
skied using Toko Red for kick. Fred, who's only 24, was on an old pair
of Landsem classics from the 1980s. He got them when he was in high
school. He told me a local ski shop found a box of them in their
basement and sold them at a great price. Anyway, the Comenkollen
hasn't been groomed officially but everyone has skied the track in for
both skating and classic. After years of skiing there, everyone knows
where to go to stay on the normal course. It's in great shape from all
of the skiers. Dave Leschke was there too as were Jan, Nora and Lee
Bengel. Mike Brumbaugh was pulling the kids around the sliding hill.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT