Rsa'ers & Rsam'ers

Old November 19th 03, 06:37 AM
Sam Seiber

Default Rsa'ers & Rsam'ers

Mikey, TCS, Chester, Uglymoney, bw, Jay Peak (sp), ant, Walt, etc....
In the spirit of Mike S., and just because I wanted to share,
I have started a site with my ski life of 2003/04.
I just want to share the pictures. For those of you down
under, I hope the snow pictures of the northern part of the
planet keep your ski spirits going. For others of you in parts
north without snow, I hope this gets the fire going.

I bought a Minolta Dimage Xt camera a few months ago. I have
been pretty damn happy with it. It is so tiny, that it will
be in my pocket every time I am out. I plan to keep the
pictures coming.

Anyway, it has been a long summer. My first two days of
skiing are at:
http://www.iskico.com

My new twigs are sweet. I hope all of you in the northern
part of the planet a long sweet ski season. It is a bit hard
to retire my twigs of old. They got me down several runs
down under. Last Sunday was special. Really special.

And that is what this group should be about. The turns, the
special memories. It is about the people you share the ski
experience with once, or many times.

Sam "Colorado native. OK, lets log some more turns" Seiber

Old November 19th 03, 12:27 PM
Kneale Brownson

Sam Seiber wrote in message ...
[...]

You got MY appetite nicely whetted, Sam. Looks like it'll be at least
a couple weeks before any skiing's available in my neighborhood
(Northern MI). Isn't it amazing what kind of pix you can get from one
of those little boxes? Of course, your fellow Coloradoans with their
bags full of big lenses will notice the limitations. But they have to
haul their cameras, not pocket them.

Old November 20th 03, 03:37 AM
Endlessseason

Sam Seiber wrote in message ...
Mikey, TCS, Chester, Uglymoney, bw, Jay Peak (sp), ant, Walt, etc....
In the spirit of Mike S., and just because I wanted to share,
I have started a site with my ski life of 2003/04.

I'd love to go check it out if only I'd been invited...

Old November 20th 03, 01:59 PM
Chester Bullock

Endlessseason wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote in message ...

Mikey, TCS, Chester, Uglymoney, bw, Jay Peak (sp), ant, Walt, etc....
In the spirit of Mike S., and just because I wanted to share,
I have started a site with my ski life of 2003/04.

I'd love to go check it out if only I'd been invited...

I should think you are covered by the etc. :P

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old November 25th 03, 02:45 AM
C. Parker

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message
Mikey, TCS, Chester, Uglymoney, bw, Jay Peak (sp), ant, Walt, etc....
In the spirit of Mike S., and just because I wanted to share,
I have started a site with my ski life of 2003/04.
I just want to share the pictures. For those of you down
under, I hope the snow pictures of the northern part of the
planet keep your ski spirits going. For others of you in parts
north without snow, I hope this gets the fire going.

I bought a Minolta Dimage Xt camera a few months ago. I have
been pretty damn happy with it. It is so tiny, that it will
be in my pocket every time I am out. I plan to keep the
pictures coming.

Snipped

Hi, Sam, I recently bought an Xi (same physical size as the Xt), and I love
having a 3MPX camera available wherever I go. But, I am a little worried
about handling it with gloves on. Did you have any trouble operating the
controls? Do you have a tether to keep from accidentally dropping it? (I
have this terrible vision of seeing my $300 camera falling in slow motion
from a ski lift and disappearing in a snow bank!) I noticed a couple of your
pictures were blurred, do you think this was focus, or camera movement?

C.

Old November 26th 03, 05:02 PM
Sam Seiber

C. Parker wrote:
Hi, Sam, I recently bought an Xi (same physical size as the Xt), and I love
having a 3MPX camera available wherever I go. But, I am a little worried
about handling it with gloves on. Did you have any trouble operating the
controls? Do you have a tether to keep from accidentally dropping it? (I
have this terrible vision of seeing my $300 camera falling in slow motion
from a ski lift and disappearing in a snow bank!) I noticed a couple of your
pictures were blurred, do you think this was focus, or camera movement?

C.

Well, I did take off my gloves while taking the pictures. It wasn't
killer
cold the days I took the photos. As far as using the tether, nope
didn't
use it on the lift. While I handle objects on a lift, I really try to
keep
my **** together so I don't drop something. So far so good on that
endevor. As far as the few blurry pics, I am not quite sure right now.
I am still fairly new at using the Xt. With the shutter delay in a
digital camera, I had a hard time timing things to keep the downhill
chair out of the picture.

Anyway, looking for a hole in my schedule so I can get back up.
Damn, sometimes having 2 jobs just gets in the way of having a good time
(tm).

Sam "OK, everyone, lets eat up!" Seiber