How they measure snow in Colorado

Old December 8th 03, 01:44 PM
Chester Bullock

BoftheW wrote:

I have to admit, I don't understand your excitement over early season skiing on
MM snow at Loveland/Arapahoe. To me, its always been a bazillion people crowded
onto a few runs and a very unenjoyable experience. I usually last just one or
two runs and wait until the real snow arrives in mid-late Nov.

I concur. That's why I haven't been out yet this year. That may change
tomorrow though, what with a good storm supposedly coming and all...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 8th 03, 05:01 PM
Sam Seiber

BoftheW wrote:
I have to admit, I don't understand your excitement over early season skiing on
MM snow at Loveland/Arapahoe. To me, its always been a bazillion people crowded
onto a few runs and a very unenjoyable experience.

I guess it all depends on how much you NEED to ski. I also don't have a
problem
with home made snow. I have seen snow from the sky suck way more than
home
made snow. I am thinking of A-Basins opening day (just before X-Mas) 2
years
ago.

I usually last just one or
two runs and wait until the real snow arrives in mid-late Nov.

Nearing Mid December. Still havn't seen the real snow.

Sam "Anyone know where the hell Ullr is these days?" Seiber

Old December 8th 03, 05:27 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Sam "Anyone know where the hell Ullr is these days?" Seiber

Making a quick appearance in Colorado right now. Look at
http://www.black-diamond.com/cams.phtml

Old December 8th 03, 05:55 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote:
Sam "Anyone know where the hell Ullr is these days?" Seiber

Making a quick appearance in Colorado right now. Look at
http://www.black-diamond.com/cams.phtml

Well, Chester, I have been keeping tabs on the Loveland/Channel 9
web cams. Things are looking better. But I am a big pig, I want
a three foot dump, and I want it all tonite! Over the weekend
all I hear about on the news is the big snow in the eastern USA.
Then there is that creep ant, bragging about the deep fluffy stuff
she has to ski through, EVERY DAY! And what was I skiing on yesterday?
Hard pack. I want quiet snow. I want steep moguls with ALL the
nasty rocks covered up.

Sam "Yes, that is me pouting in the corner" Seiber

Old December 8th 03, 06:03 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

Sam "Anyone know where the hell Ullr is these days?" Seiber

Making a quick appearance in Colorado right now. Look at
http://www.black-diamond.com/cams.phtml

Well, Chester, I have been keeping tabs on the Loveland/Channel 9
web cams. Things are looking better. But I am a big pig, I want
a three foot dump, and I want it all tonite! Over the weekend
all I hear about on the news is the big snow in the eastern USA.
Then there is that creep ant, bragging about the deep fluffy stuff
she has to ski through, EVERY DAY! And what was I skiing on yesterday?
Hard pack. I want quiet snow. I want steep moguls with ALL the
nasty rocks covered up.

Sam "Yes, that is me pouting in the corner" Seiber

Time to move to Utah or somewhere else then. I cannot recall very many
times at all (much less the past few years) where we have received 3' +
dumps in 24 hours. Rare is the occassion when we get them over 48 or 72
hours. Storms usually blow through here so quick that the sun is out
the next day. It happens at Steamboat and Wolf Creek, but not so much
down the I-70 corridor...

Old December 9th 03, 06:39 AM
CowPunk©

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:03:57 CST, Chester Bullock
wrote:

Time to move to Utah or somewhere else then. I cannot recall very many
times at all (much less the past few years) where we have received 3' +
dumps in 24 hours. Rare is the occassion when we get them over 48 or 72
hours. Storms usually blow through here so quick that the sun is out
the next day. It happens at Steamboat and Wolf Creek, but not so much
down the I-70 corridor...

Ah... but there was one magical week in ...oh...94 or so... Took the
Vicious Mrs to Winter Park (got a great insider deal at the Vintage
Hotel). Stopped at the bro's in Evergreen for the night and headed off
to WP. Stopped for gas and found out 40 was closed due to the snow the
night before (bro got stuck at Vail as the pass was closed). Gave her
the grand tour through Kremmling and all the way around hehhehheh.
First time I drove a vehicle with ABS- freaky coming down from the
tunnel! Anyhoo we got to WP, it started to snow and 40 stayed closed
til the day before we had to leave. I believe we got 54" over like 56
hours. It was great. She's still not much of a powder skier
though...........

Cow

Old December 9th 03, 05:44 PM
snoig

Chester Bullock wrote in message
I concur. That's why I haven't been out yet this year. That may change
tomorrow though, what with a good storm supposedly coming and all...

Well, it's noon and it's finally started. We got a dusting last night
and now there's about an inch. The weather channel says we should get
5 to 10 from this storm but after looking at the maps, it doesn't look
to promising.

Conditions over the weekend were pretty bad. If you got off of the
groomed stuff you risked damage to your skis. Plus, there's really
not that much terrian open yet. Hopefully we will get some coverage
and they can get some more terrian open by this weekend.

snoig

Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 12 September 28th 04 02:03 AM
Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 7 November 12th 03 02:59 PM
Snow in Colorado - A-Basin TCS Alpine Skiing 35 November 1st 03 12:16 AM
Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 1 October 17th 03 11:08 PM
Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 3 September 22nd 03 09:09 PM