Mountain High

Old February 18th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Mountain High

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/17/2010 08:34 AM, downhill wrote:

Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children.
Is the left coast on a different federal holiday schedule?

PD was Monday, not Tuesday.

Read carefully.

"Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children"

Old February 18th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_7_]

On 02/17/2010 08:03 PM, Bob F wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/17/2010 08:34 AM, downhill wrote:

Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children.
Is the left coast on a different federal holiday schedule?

PD was Monday, not Tuesday.

Read carefully.

"Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children"

Hmph. We used to get Easter Week off, but now it's called Spring Vacation and
doesn't happen in the middle of winter. The kids got last Monday and the
previous Monday off for Presidents' Days, but a whole week? HAH!

--
Cheers, Bev
Far away in a strange land
Old February 18th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/17/2010 08:34 AM, downhill wrote:

Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children.
Is the left coast on a different federal holiday schedule?

PD was Monday, not Tuesday.

Read carefully.

"Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children"

Hmph. We used to get Easter Week off

You got a whole week off at Easter? Man, that was some serious luxury
you had.

We had to work twice as many hours Easter week, and that was after
spending the previous Friday to Sunday being nailed to a pair of 2x4s
like whatshisname.

I would have traded my only possession (a small greeish rock with small
flecks of dirt on it) to have a vacation like that.

//Walt
Old February 18th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

Bob F wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
Bob F wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
Bob F wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
I'm taking my grandspawn there tomorrow for a snowboard lesson.
Yes, they embrace the Dark Side, what can you do? Anybody else
going there tomorrow?

Why not try a lesson yourself? After the first couple days,
snowboarding is fun.

No after the first couple of days you can do it and so don't have
to do it anymore

Nothing to learn about liking turns in the bumps?

Linked turns I can do (with the occasional splat) but take a
snowboard into the bumps? why?

I don't really like the feeling of snowboarding, it starts with
facing sideways and then when you add the edge delay I don't enjoy
it much. next time I try I'll try hard boot (the first time I tried
snowboarding it was in my skiboots and the the inclination angle is
wrong but the wasn't the vagueness of a soft boot) and Duckfoot,
maybe I'll like that?

What do you mean by "edge delay"?

Did you get instruction? Learning to twist the board to initiate
turns makes a huge difference in the ease and safety of turns.

In a ski boot (well in a race boot anyway) as soon as you move your foot to
put a ski on it's edge the ski moves. on a snowboard with soft boots there
is a deleay between you moving your foot and the board moving.
and yes I've had instruction.

--
Chris *:-)

Rule 1 - Me first
Rule 2 - Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!
Rule 3 - Skis at the bottom, Head at the top!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old February 18th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_7_]

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/17/2010 08:34 AM, downhill wrote:

Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children.
Is the left coast on a different federal holiday schedule?

PD was Monday, not Tuesday.

Read carefully.

"Presidents day and this week is a holiday for most school children"

Hmph. We used to get Easter Week off

You got a whole week off at Easter? Man, that was some serious luxury
you had.

We had to work twice as many hours Easter week, and that was after
spending the previous Friday to Sunday being nailed to a pair of 2x4s
like whatshisname.

I didn't realize you were from the Philippines. Mea maxima culpa.

I would have traded my only possession (a small greeish rock with small
flecks of dirt on it) to have a vacation like that.

Ha. The damn teachers always assigned some sort of paper due the following
Monday. Though you mayn't believe it, I always HATED writing. If it takes
more than a paragraph to explain it's excessivly verbose, but the sh*theads
always wanted five pages PLUS three footnotes.

--
Cheers, Bev
Far away in a strange land
Old February 18th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Scott Abraham[_2_]

On Feb 17, 11:42*am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

*twobuddha wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:58 am, Dick G wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:48:49 -0800 (PST), twobuddha

wrote:
Its also reading week for some of the Universities, my oldest daughter
will be home for 10 days beginning tomorrow.-

Universities? You mean to tell me you're a ****ing Brit?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What makes this even more hilarious is that you just busted yourself
as a dickless pussy liar!!!!!!!!
Hey, pussy boi? Did you fly all the way over here to set up your
supposed meet at the Issaquah Starbucks? (you should have checked
google a little better, I can think of three of them off-hand)? You
know, the one you set up when you knew I was in Utah?
Hell, I thought you were a pussy for doing it that way, and so did
everybody else, but to cop to being out of the ****ing country while
calling me a coward for not showing up to a meet while you were hiding
across a ****ing ocean is pussyhood on a Brain Fried Thompson scale.
Almost as pussy as an EMERGENCY SOCCER GAME!!!!!
Holy ****, you can't make this crap up.

deep breath Scooter, she attends school at Quebec, one of the best in
North America. Go take your meds- Hide quoted text -

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Quebec? *So you're in Quebec and you got busted lying about being at
Starbucks?

You think that someone has to live in the same place where one's son or
daughter attends a post-secondary institution?

LO

You know what really makes this bull**** LOL? You won't appreciate
the humor, Baker, but your buddy lied his ass off about being at the
Starbucks in Issaquah. You know how you accused me in a fit of
deranged delusion of trying to be vague about the location of the
ORIGINAL Starbucks? Which has been in the same location for over
thirty years?
Here's the giggle. Your buddy Dick Gozinya not only wasn't anywhere
near Issaquah, there are FOUR Starbucks in Issaquah. TWO are on the
same street.
Talk about hiding a Starbucks, eh?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now if you had the honesty God gave a rat turd, you'd scream about
what a dishonest, lying, weasel asshole your buddy is. After all,
even when you have been proven to be delusional in your deranged
accusations, you continue to try to sell the insane notion that I
somehow tried to hide the location of the PP Starbucks.
That's if you had the integrity God gave a butt nugget.
Oh, well.
Let me save you the trouble of giving your standard response when you
get caught being a lying, deranged wack job.
LOL.

Old February 18th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Scott Abraham[_2_]

On Feb 17, 12:24*pm, Dick G wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:38:08 -0800 (PST), twobuddha

wrote:
[...]

Who needs meds when I can **** with freak like you and laugh my ass
off busting you lying?
What a pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, does she call her daddy Dick Gozinya?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, you DO know that Canada counts as being out of the country, don't
you?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh ya, you busted me....

That's all you've got freak? I bust damn near every post you make,
pussy boi. How Dickless. How Gozinya.
Old February 18th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Scott Abraham[_2_]

On Feb 17, 12:27*pm, Dick G wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:39:02 -0800 (PST), twobuddha

wrote:
You have kids and you call yourself Dick Gozinya on the net?
Holy ****, this is REALLY scary. *The next generation of perverted
freaks is being raised.

You're too funny, as a matter of fact, she's aware of you and your
history.

I highly doubt it. The more pertinent question is this: Is she aware
that her daddy is a pathological liar and all around freak?
Does she call you Dick or Gozinya. Gozinya Daddy?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Your poor child. If I knew your real name, I'd contact child welfare.
Old February 19th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

How do you know he "lied his ass off".

And if you'd agreed to the meet and he wouldn't be more specific about
the location than "in Issaquah", you might have had some kind of point.

But of course, you wouldn't.

Here's the giggle. Your buddy Dick Gozinya not only wasn't anywhere
near Issaquah, there are FOUR Starbucks in Issaquah. TWO are on the
same street.
Talk about hiding a Starbucks, eh?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now if you had the honesty God gave a rat turd, you'd scream about
what a dishonest, lying, weasel asshole your buddy is. After all,
even when you have been proven to be delusional in your deranged
accusations, you continue to try to sell the insane notion that I
somehow tried to hide the location of the PP Starbucks.
That's if you had the integrity God gave a butt nugget.
Oh, well.
Let me save you the trouble of giving your standard response when you
get caught being a lying, deranged wack job.
LOL.

yawn

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old February 19th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Scott Abraham[_2_]

On Feb 18, 7:16*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Other than the reality that there are four Starbucks in Issaquah, he
admitted he lied. You stupid dumb****.

And if you'd agreed to the meet and he wouldn't be more specific about
the location than "in Issaquah", you might have had some kind of point.

You just keep ignoring reality. He claimed to have been at the
Starbucks waiting for me, which would have been pretty stupid since he
knew I was in Jackson that night. Looks like Dick Gozinya is smarter
than you. Or more sane.

But of course, you wouldn't.

But of course, he knew, you knew, and everybody else knew I was in
Jackson that night. Set a meet there. Nobody showed. But of course,
you ignore reality when it conflicts with your delusions.

Here's the giggle. *Your buddy Dick Gozinya not only wasn't anywhere
near Issaquah, there are FOUR Starbucks in Issaquah. *TWO are on the
same street.
Talk about hiding a Starbucks, eh?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now if you had the honesty God gave a rat turd, you'd scream about
what a dishonest, lying, weasel asshole your buddy is. *After all,
even when you have been proven to be delusional in your deranged
accusations, you continue to try to sell the insane notion that I
somehow tried to hide the location of the PP Starbucks.
That's if you had the integrity God gave a butt nugget.
Oh, well.
Let me save you the trouble of giving your standard response when you
get caught being a lying, deranged wack job.
LOL.

yawn

Typical Baker. When exposed as an insane, hypocritical, deranged,
delusional nut job, he yawns.
As I said. Doesn't even have the honesty of a rat turd, or the
integrity of a butt nugget.
How despicable. How normal for Wack Job Baker.