Sad news: Bill Johnson arrested

Old February 13th 05, 01:10 PM
Mary Malmros

Default Sad news: Bill Johnson arrested

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hnson_arrested
--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old February 13th 05, 11:28 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
AstroPax wrote:

That's one less repeat drunk driver behind the wheel endangering the
lives of innocent motorists.

I bought a new (for me) Toyota 4X4 this fall. So I've been pulled over
several times at bar thirty by friends in Law Enforcement who haven't
recognized my new ride yet. They walk up, say, "Oh, It's you." And
let me go since I haven't drank for almost 24 years.

I used to get ****ed about traffic stops to to check driver sobriety.
Now I just chuckle and move on. We have a lot of drunk Mexican National's
with no driver's licenses or insurance I'd love to have picked off the
streets of Jackson. If that means I get pulled over for rolling through
a stop sign just because its 01:30, I can *live* with that.

And don't get me started on knuckle draggers...
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 14th 05, 12:28 AM
Mary Malmros

AstroPax wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:10:19 -0600, Mary Malmros
wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hnson_arrested

What's so *sad* about it ???

It's sad things got to this state for him. Capisce?

Old February 14th 05, 12:45 AM
uglymoney

wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hnson_arrested

What's so *sad* about it ???

It's sad things got to this state for him. Capisce?

I think its sad. I remember chearing like a wild man (wild kid) for
him when he made that amazing, improbable gold medal run. Who
couldn't have been proud of that? A great American story.

As for showing the gold medal to the cop after being pulled over...
kind of reminds me of the gold medallions in 'Pirates of the
Carribean'.

Curse or treasure? All depends on the situation

nate

Old February 14th 05, 03:20 AM
ant

"uglymoney" wrote in message
I think its sad. I remember chearing like a wild man (wild kid) for
him when he made that amazing, improbable gold medal run. Who
couldn't have been proud of that? A great American story.

Yep. Rotten to see someone who did something so fantastic, now smeared all
over the papers, arrested and in jail. By his behaviour, you'd have to
wonder if that crash and head injury has affected him and caused him to do
this.

ant

Old February 14th 05, 02:21 PM
pigo

"Jeff Davis" wrote in message
In article ,
AstroPax wrote:

That's one less repeat drunk driver behind the wheel endangering
the
lives of innocent motorists.

I bought a new (for me) Toyota 4X4 this fall. So I've been pulled
over
several times at bar thirty by friends in Law Enforcement who
haven't
recognized my new ride yet. They walk up, say, "Oh, It's you."
And
let me go since I haven't drank for almost 24 years.

Perhaps Bill should have taken that route. It's just not for some
people. I was around him from time to time. He seemed like an ok guy.

Last night this comedian on tv said that he got pulled over one time
and when the cop asked if he'd been drinking he said "Why? Do I have
a fat chick in the back seat?" It got a chuckle out of me.

Old February 15th 05, 04:15 PM
Ted Waldron

In article ,
"Mike" wrote:

"When the officers approached, Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal and
taunted them by saying, "You don't have one of these," police said."

Wow. Maybe it was his recent head injury... or has he always been a f*#*(*#
lunatic?

The latter....

-ted