Non skiers seeking family friendly chalets? Where to start? AArgh.

Old February 14th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rebecca

Default Non skiers seeking family friendly chalets? Where to start? AArgh.

Hi,

Not sure whether it was the Christmas spirit but we have decided to
go
skiing with our friends in Feb 08 and desperately need some advice
as
to where to start to find our ideal resort/ chalet. If anyone can
give
any tips I would be most grateful!

A bit of background
-we are all planning on doing a bit of dry slope practice before we
go.
-there will be 2 4year olds who need ski school
-1 2yr old who needs creche
-1 special needs boy who will need one on one care in creche when we
are skiing
-we all need lessons
-want a chalet for all of us only (4 adults, 5 kids total) close to
piste
--kiddy friendly pool
-icerink?
-eateries
-catered chalet
-europe is preferable due to cost as we are in UK
-generally a great resort for families as we will be skiing am only,
and with all family in pm. Not far to either lessons or nursery

Please help!
Many thanks
Rebecca

Old February 15th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roland

Hi Rebecca,

I was in Serfaus (Austria) this January and noticed that it
was really kids friendly. It is a resort consisting of three
villages, Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis... Serfaus is the expensive
one (it is carfree, that is you are allowed to park your car
at the chalet, but in principle it has to stay parked for the
time you are there.

Look at www.serfaus.at or www.fiss.at or www.ladis.at for more info.

Some other places I have skied which are nice are St. Gallenkirch (AT),
Fiesch (CH), Fulpmess(AT), Scheffau(AT), Kaprun(AT) and Vorderlanersbach
(AT,
near Mayerhofen).

I've learned skiing myself in Fulpmess. If you are skiing for the first time
it is not necessary to have a very large ski resort..

St. Gallenkirch is probably for us (we live in the Netherlands) the closest
area to ski that is allmost alway snowcertain.

Kind regards,
Roland

ups.com...

Old February 15th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Stan Mullery

Look at skifamille in Les Gets.

www.skifamille.co.uk

Stayed in Chalet Burgrave before . Child care is excellent. Location
is superb.

Stan

Old February 15th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Rebecca, give Earl a call at Alpine Answers:
http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/

Tell him Roger/Rich (Tilbury/Hatton) sent you - we're not affiliated
with them in any way, just satisfied customers, and we might get some
extra kudos next time we book with them !

Give them all your requirements above and they'll recommend a resort and
find you the best deal on a chalet.

You probably want to avoid France in Feb as it will be half term for
most of the month. If you look round in here you'll find a link to a
French wbsite that will have the dates.

Good luck Roger
Old February 16th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

"Rebecca" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Not sure whether it was the Christmas spirit but we have decided to
go
skiing with our friends in Feb 08 and desperately need some advice
as
to where to start to find our ideal resort/ chalet. If anyone can
give
any tips I would be most grateful!

A bit of background
-we are all planning on doing a bit of dry slope practice before we
go.
-there will be 2 4year olds who need ski school
-1 2yr old who needs creche
-1 special needs boy who will need one on one care in creche when we
are skiing

That could be the dominant factor if you do not want to take turns looking after
him. I would suggest studying the package holiday brochures (they dont change
much from year to year) and ringing the companies for advice on this subject.

The problem with skiing is that you can get cold. 4 years old is still quite
small, remember there is a lot of equipment to deal with. We first took our
daughter skiing when she was 7 years old. (Excluding pre-natal experience!)

I would suggest picking one of the smaller resorts. Just study the brochures
and web sites to find the one that most closely meets your needs. If you book
the holiday by mid summer you increase the changes of your first choice of
accommodation and flights being available.

--

Michael Chare