Wanted: "Forest Ski"---280cm of fun!

Old February 1st 06, 06:12 PM

Default Wanted: "Forest Ski"---280cm of fun!

I'm still interested in getting a pair of forest skis.

I guess Jarvinen and Peltonen make them.

Anyone know of anyone coming to the US from thereabouts who could bring
me a pair? : )

I'll pay, of course. But I'm wanting to avoid the crazy huge oversize
shipping fee. They could just be brought aboard a plane and I get I
could get them to me somehow/someday once they're in the states thru
"going to the races" connections.

Or maybe someone has beat me to it and has a pair in the states and has
a report to make or wants to unload them?

Anyone even know any current online links to buying them?

My old online shop link doesn't work anymore. It was at this store, but
now I can't find any ski stuff much less a forest ski:
https://www.partioaitta.fi/index.php?cPath=1

Thanks, JP

Old February 2nd 06, 11:05 PM

Jeff -- if you find them soon be sure to use them in the TC Vasa.

New category of prizes - VINTAGE CATEGORY - best dressed vintage skier ...
if you have a forest wood ski on you're sure to win !!

JK

cya there?

Old February 3rd 06, 04:49 AM

Hi Jeff... I thought it was the White Pine that was having the Retro
class. I was going to go up for it, too! Maybe... But now with the no
snow. Maybe I'll go up for the Vasa---we might get more snow by then,
enough to rescue it. It would be neat if they had a vintage class, too.

I'm into a modern forest ski though---280cm! They're light. Look like a
regular modern ski. Just big! I want to drive around all winter with
them on my roof.

Hey, I skied Aspen Park last weekend---but you were having more fun at
the Nokie, I'm sure!

But about the vintage class---I thought the WP was a 10k vintage event.
Not for me. I ski the real race...in my vintage stuff. That's the way I
play. (a la Napolean Dynamite) : )

--JP