Somebody wants to join me for a weekend at Whistler?

Old November 5th 05, 11:50 PM
Nickolay Samofatov

Default Somebody wants to join me for a weekend at Whistler?

Hi!

I am 24 y.o. strong intermediate skier. Job-wise I am computers pro, you can
find a lot of info about me on the net.

In late December I'm going to pick up my girlfriend in Moscow, join a group
of pro skiers and boarders and go to Elbrus/Cheget for a week. I need to
start season early here and get myself in shape to enjoy 4-6 heliskiing runs
a day with up to 4000 m vertical each. :-)

Season is not about to start here in Ontario yet, so in early December I am
going for a couple days to Mont Tremblant mountain in Quebec with NotSoPro
club. Should be fun!

I've got some pictures from BC and it seems there is some new snow at
Whistler/Blackcomb already. :-)
So I want to go over there for the start of my season. My plan is to fly
there on 24-Nov evening, spend 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) at the hill
and head back to Vancouver-Toronto on Sunday evening. Prices seem to be
pretty low yet, so hotel+lift is in the area of 350-400 CAD per person incl.
taxes.

I am looking for a companion(s) to join me on this Whistler trip or I can
join a group that is already going there.
There is no need to fly from Toronto together, we can meet somewhere at
Whistler itself.

There is no much fun in renting condo/chalet alone. Also, while I would be
moving at my own pace on the hill, it is still interesting to discuss the
best day runs with the beer in the evening or somewhere along the way. :-)

Mail your thoughts to: nickolay (at) sympatico (dot) ca

Nikolay Samofatov