Videos of the Muonio races

Old November 13th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
wave1wannabe

Default Videos of the Muonio races

Hey,

Anyone heard from out friend BasilBrush? We don't see many Americans
on the podium and to have two Americans win races in one weekend, well
it would be nice to see the videos.

Best regards,

Andy
Old November 14th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

On 11/13/2010 3:03 PM, wave1wannabe wrote:
Hey,

Anyone heard from out friend BasilBrush? We don't see many Americans
on the podium and to have two Americans win races in one weekend, well
it would be nice to see the videos.

Best regards,

Andy

I think we're SOL, Muonio doesn't appear to have been televised.

I searched for "Muonio" at:
- British Eurosport
- Swedish Eurosport
- www.canalplus.fi/sport
- www.nelonensport.fi/

and came up with nothing. Lots of NBA and NHL on the telly in Finland
though.

A related question, has anyone had any luck finding stuff like this
live on fromsport? That's how I've been getting my cyclocross fix.
For example, at 8AM tomorrow morning I'll be watching the Superprestige
Hamme-Zogge. And its OK to watch so long as you're not hung up on
English language commentary.

You would think that the stuff that Basil puts up ought to be available
live without too painful of a time shift. Does anyone have any experience
with that?

Bob Schwartz
Old November 14th 10, 07:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Add www.fromsport.com to your list to check when televised. Not sure
if they will list XC, but they do list a lot of sports.

Gene

Old November 16th 10, 09:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

On 13/11/2010 21:03, wave1wannabe wrote:
Hey,

Anyone heard from out friend BasilBrush?

I believe our friend recorded from Eurosport.
FIS Media confirmed that their chosen presenter for races in Europe this
season is Eurosport but I've been scanning their time tables and there
has been no mention of XC skiing so far this season.
Gallivare appears to be the first.
Old November 26th 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

On 11/13/2010 7:25 PM, Bob Schwartz wrote:
A related question, has anyone had any luck finding stuff like this
live on fromsport? That's how I've been getting my cyclocross fix.
For example, at 8AM tomorrow morning I'll be watching the Superprestige
Hamme-Zogge. And its OK to watch so long as you're not hung up on
English language commentary.

You would think that the stuff that Basil puts up ought to be available
live without too painful of a time shift. Does anyone have any experience
with that?

I'm watching the classic sprints at Kuusamo as I type this.

The challenge seems to be getting an accurate schedule. It was
listed on fromsport as Ski Jumping. I checked tvguide.co.uk
which has a nice search feature except it didn't list it.

Bob Schwartz
Old November 27th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Try http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/ and adjust the time to CET (+1?).

Gene

Ski Videos don martin Nordic Skiing 7 May 2nd 06 05:57 PM
XC Videos on DVD XC Dork Nordic Skiing 0 March 5th 04 05:59 AM
Mpeg Races: Alot of new intresting races and clips Janne G Nordic Skiing 5 January 19th 04 09:40 AM
V1 / videos Derick Fay Nordic Skiing 0 December 30th 03 10:54 PM
04 videos Tiburon27 Snowboarding 7 September 23rd 03 07:51 AM