Rats...errors with Janne's video files...help?

Old December 11th 03, 06:59 AM
Janne G

Default Divx codec (Was Rats...errors with Janne's video files...help?)

Ben Kaufman wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:05:03 +0100, Janne G
wrote:

Ben Kaufman wrote:

Why not make them plain mpegs so people don't have to go buying or hunting for
codecs?

Do you supply me with 80 gig more of disk and double the bandwidth to all, then
it's fine with me, because that is what happening if i don't use compressing
algorithm that are effective enough. It would mean that a file that are 100meg
today
would be around 200meg in mpeg1 with the same quality.

I didn't realize that there was such a dramatic difference in size for the same
quality.

... or, you don't have to post so many :-)

;-) Maybe...

Take a look at the post "Statistic" that i posted yesterday and look at
the numbers of gig that the server cranks out every day. The size is roughly
2 times for the same quality between divx4 and mpeg1.

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old December 11th 03, 12:37 PM
Nevalainen, Eric

Default Rats...errors with Janne's video files...help?

On the main DivX download page, hiding underneath the main features
table, is a link for the "Standard DivX Codec (FREE)". Download and
install that--you won't have all of the encoding features, but it will
allow you to play the vid files, AND has no embedded spyware.

Watched the men's Kuusamo 2x15k pursuit last night.....vry nice.

Old December 11th 03, 07:55 PM
JMC

"anatoly" wrote
Any way to get the DivX player for free to watch the skiing without
the dreaded GATOR Spyware along for the ride?
thanks,
anatoly

I have downloaded and installed "DivX511Bundle.exe" from this page:
http://www.divx.com/divx/ . Look for: Standard DivX Codec(FREE) . You can
also search google with the file name.

No ads, no spyware. From this installer, you can install either the codec or
the viewer. Or both. I found that I get a better performance on older
machines from the DivX player that from Windoms Media Player version 9.

JMC