SnowboarderCross Where?

Old February 18th 06, 01:11 PM

Default SnowboarderCross Where?

Watching snowboardercross Olympics got me to wondering: Where are
places in the US that have courses set up for this? Seems like it
would be fun to try. But I've yet to see a course set up at a resort
that we could use.

Ideas?

Old February 18th 06, 02:59 PM

Watching snowboardercross Olympics got me to wondering: Where are
places in the US that have courses set up for this? Seems like it
would be fun to try. But I've yet to see a course set up at a resort
that we could use.

Go To Lake Placid, NY - Whiteface Mountain

My friend has cabins not too far from the mountain.

http://www.cobblemountainlodge.com

Old February 18th 06, 05:54 PM

I know that in the late nineties Killington (on the Bear side) and
Sunday River both use to have boardercross courses. We used to race
each on them all the time. I think they got rid of them because too
many people who didn't know what they were doing would try to go on it,
crash and then get in the way of the next way of riders behind them...
plus ti's a lot of work to keep a course in shape.

Old February 19th 06, 03:40 PM

They have a course (and competitions) at Mammoth. The X-Course is next
to Unbound South.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/ski_r...ailmap_lg5.jpg
http://www.mammothmountain.com/ski_r...s/trailmap.pdf

The also have a great course at Whistler (at least they did when I was
there a couple of seasons ago).

~J.

Old February 22nd 06, 12:37 AM

Whistler Blackcomb has a sick Boardercross course and it is open to
anyone. They do build it up significantly when there is an official
comp. The Salomon Saab Skiercross tour hosts an event there and it is
beyond huge!

www.ShowcaseSnowboards.com - the best online snowboard shop