Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

Old August 29th 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?
Old August 29th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 29, 11:31*am, Dick G wrote:
Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

Holy ****. I can't make this up. DICK GOZINYA is trying to lead a
resurgence of this sewer by posting about skiing.
We've got Wack Job Waldron (who committed felonies to silence me) and
Dickless Gozinya leading the futile effort to breath life into this
dead newsgroup.
There is irony. Then there is insanity.
But never fear, I shall be here to remind any newcomers of who these
freaks are in reality.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
Old August 29th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

I've never tried them, but to me it seems they'd only be good in a very
limited set of conditions, and I personally don't want to own lots of
different pairs of skis for different conditions.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 29th 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 8/29/10 11:31 AM, Dick G wrote:
Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

Pretty much a powder specific tool.

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't NEED
them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder days
successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep; just
stay centered with feet moving as a unit.
Old August 29th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 29, 11:54*am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
*Dick G wrote:

Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

I've never tried them, but to me it seems they'd only be good in a very
limited set of conditions, and I personally don't want to own lots of
different pairs of skis for different conditions.

Shame that Wack Job Baker doesn't own a pair of nuts for difficult
conditions.
A couple weeks ago, Dick Gozinya was making all kinds of sick jokes
about molesting children.
Now he is the focus of a real ski discussion, and this pathetic
pppppuuuuuusssssyyyyy gets all kinds of friendly.
Hey, Dickless? I thought you were going to come through Seattle this
summer and tell the cops I had threatened your life.
What happened? You check the law about making false police reports?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
What a ppppppuuuuusssssssyyyy. WHISTLER!!!!!
Old August 29th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 29, 12:15*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/29/10 11:31 AM, Dick G wrote:

Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

Pretty much a powder specific tool.

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't NEED
them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder days
successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep; just
stay centered with feet moving as a unit.

This vile pathological liar frequently talks bull**** about having
manners. Obviously, in his psychopathic world, making sick jokes
about raping children is perfectly acceptable, but telling the truth
about such sickness gets you a raft of crap.
What a fraud!!! What a pppppuuuuusssssyyyyyy!!!! Lloyd of Truckee
and Dick Gozinya, who have rocker nuts.
Old August 29th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/29/10 11:31 AM, Dick G wrote:
Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

Pretty much a powder specific tool.

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't
NEED them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder
days successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep;
just stay centered with feet moving as a unit.

I watched a guy on rockered skies bombing down a fast intermediate slope. As he
gained speed on the steep stretch, the skis suddenly started wobbling all over
the place until he did the splits and totally exploded. Best crash I saw last
season. The result was exactly what I expected when I saw how much rocker those
skis had and the speed the guy was gaining.

I have talked to people with the rockered and wavy edge skis and snowboards that
loved them even on hard surfaces.

Old August 29th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/29/10 11:31 AM, Dick G wrote:
Are these truly worth buying another pair?
pro/con?

Pretty much a powder specific tool.

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't NEED
them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder days
successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep; just
stay centered with feet moving as a unit.

I tried the new offering from K2 last season - The Richter/Earthquake
series. These are moderately rockered and the effect on firm snow is
that the turned up tip and tails make the ski ski shorter than it
actually is - there's less edge in contact with the "snow" and they just
ski like they're 20 mm shorter than they are. Once you get it in softer
snow, the full length of the ski is in contact and the turned up ends
help prevent tip dive and make it easier to "smear" turns. So it's not
a bad compromise for the aspiring intermediate who's looking of a one
ski quiver.

Dedicated rockered/powder skis (e.g. Goats) are pretty much useless on
Eastern Firm. Unless you're in a position to ski bottomless more than a
few times a year, you'll probably come out ahead renting on the powder days.

//Walt
Old August 30th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Aug 29, 1:15*pm, lal_truckee wrote:

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't NEED
them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder days
successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep; just
stay centered with feet moving as a unit

What's the point anyway? I'm trying to envision a ski that is reverse
camber and I can't seem to grasp the concept. That's probably not
unusual since I don't really get the "fat, stay on top" concept
either. I like long skinny slalom or gs skis that I can bend into
reverse camber and with timing ride the rebound UP and out of deep
snow to change direction.

Old August 30th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 29, 5:42*pm, pigo wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:15*pm, lal_truckee wrote:

Here's my take:
If almost all you ski is powder you might like them, but you won't NEED
them, since you'll have become a good powder skier already.
Conversely if you're rolling in money AND seldom see powder, so you
haven't developed any proficiency, they might make your rare powder days
successes.
For others, modern skis are so wide and soft I thing the typical skier
will be fine on his widetrack skis when he ventures into the deep; just
stay centered with feet moving as a unit

What's the point anyway?

As usual, Bob Thompson misses the point. Most people like to make
skiing easier, not be a technological luddite trying to take his sport
back to the dark ages. Much like his politics, Birther Bob wants to
go backwards.

I'm trying to envision a ski that is reverse
camber and I can't seem to grasp the concept.

There are many concepts you cannot grasp. Manhood, ethics, decency,
sobriety, etc.
Add reverse camber skis to the list.

That's probably not
unusual since I don't really get the "fat, stay on top" concept
either.

Much like you don't get that "honesty" concept, eh?

I like long skinny slalom or gs skis that I can bend into
reverse camber and with timing ride the rebound UP and out of deep
snow to change direction.

They go well with your one piece suits, Tranny Boob. You know, those
frilly Bogners you wear to Alta? The ones with the White Buffalo?
At the risk of being on topic, a buddy in the business gave me a pair
of seriously wide reverse camber skis last year. As I have a 90mm and
a 105mm in the quiver, I thought it might be smart to demo before I
mounted them. Did so at Revelstoke in December.
On the groom, they were a royal pain. I really didn't notice much of
a difference in a foot of fresh: nice to have, but the normal camber
skis are just as good for my purposes and far more versatile. So I
sold the freebies to a shmuck who thought they would make him kewl on
his hill, and spent the money going to Utah, where Bob Thompson didn't
have the balls to show up at Deer Valley with three months notice.
Not that I have much use for powder skis anyway, I only go out on dump
days if I am on vacation.