Best family friendly ski resorts in Colorado?

Old August 26th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Best family friendly ski resorts in Colorado?

On Aug 26, 6:43*am, pigo wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:17*am, Richard Henry wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:47*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:

In article
,

*stenor1 wrote:
Thanks to all for the suggestions. *Not sure exactly what we are going
to do quite yet but Vail and Beaver Creek are under consideration.
More research to do...

The date for the trip definitely complicates things; because of budget
cuts in California our school is furloughing teaches the beginning of
the Thanksgiving week, thus we have the whole week for vacation and
would like to make use of it. *We did consider Whistler but they don't
open until Thanksgiving Day.

Normally we'd ski in Tahoe but even in a good year would not expect
the snow to be worthwhile in November. *This year it appears we have a
La Niña climactic event, which means probably a dry winter and crummy
skiing *even in the prime season, which is why we're looking out of
state.

I would consider Utah. *If you stay down in Salt Lake City, you can stay
cheaper, nicer and have a broad range of restaurants. * You can drive to
the most promising resort of the day in an easy, beautiful 45 minutes or
so. *And if you get skunked on the snow, you can take your family to
movies

And I have almost never had SLC let me down. *There are guys around here
who know much more about the area, but give it a good look and listen to
guys like Pigo who know a lot than me.

Heber City was the cheapest place I found many years ago in Utah. *It
is south and east of Park City. *It was in those days it was a little
farm town with a few motels and restaurants on the main drag.

There was also sand in my shower water.- Hide quoted text -

Heber (pronounced He-ber) is a cowpoke town that's being influenced by
the yuppie invasion. Big houses on the outskirts and people that
demand everything that they moved away from. A lot like park city.

I just thought I would point out that this blowhard know it all is the
same guy who was just bragging about lying to law enforcement about
me.
BTW, he lived in Park City. Built big houses. Demanded cocaine and
booze and hookers.

I'd go with Dave's suggestion. Salt Lake provides more alternatives.
And at that time of year you might need them.

The alternatives they provide to Tranny Boob Thompson is more bars,
since he's been banned from several. A lively transexual scene. And
more Mormons.

If snow is low there is bound to be some manmade patches around.
They'll be crowded and hard as rock. That wears you out quickly. And I
know some people here only ski green and blue (light blue) but it
bores me.

That's a cheap shot at me. Let me tell you what does not bore Bob
Thompson: falsely accusing me of molesting children, making up vile
defamations, etc.

Wendover is about 1.5 hours away for Nevada Style fun.

Gambling, hookers, drugs. Brain Fried Bob's idea of fun.
Golf courses
could be open if there's been no snow. You might be able to get some
kind of room guarantee and take off for southern Utah if skiing sucks?
November Mt. Biking anyone? Moab is a pretty fun town. Sightseeing,
four wheeling, biking, history, and good food and bev.-

One thing for sure. You won't be seeing Tranny Boob in the middle of
January. That's when I usually show up, and that's when he takes
EMERGENCY GOLF TRIPS to Las Vegas.
Old August 26th 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 26, 9:56*am, pigo wrote:
On Aug 25, 5:55*pm, stenor1 wrote:

Thanks to all for the suggestions. *Not sure exactly what we are going
to do quite yet but Vail and Beaver Creek are under consideration.
More research to do...

The date for the trip definitely complicates things; because of budget
cuts in California our school is furloughing teaches the beginning of
the Thanksgiving week, thus we have the whole week for vacation and
would like to make use of it. *We did consider Whistler but they don't
open until Thanksgiving Day.

Normally we'd ski in Tahoe but even in a good year would not expect
the snow to be worthwhile in November. *This year it appears we have a
La Niña climactic event, which means probably a dry winter and crummy
skiing *even in the prime season, which is why we're looking out of
state.

It's obvious by the quantity of posts flying off of here that trunky
must be on home release or have longer times to access a computer.

Home release, Tranny Boob? Why would that be? As you well know, I
have never been charged with or convicted of a crime.
Note to the newcomer: this is typical Bob Thompson behavior.

Have you read the Backlash letter written by his brother that details
the sexual abuse that scott perpatrated upon him during his childhood?
It explains alot. That and his unbelievable contention that he's
sober. Which really just makes him sadder. If he was drunk at least
he'd have an excuse.

And once again, Bob Thompson falsely accuses me of molesting children.
I am not surprised that he cannot believe I have been sober for over
21 years. That is typical of a practicing alcoholic and drug addict
like Brain Fried Bob.
They can't believe that anyone else could actually stop drinking,
mostly because they cannot. Because they are scum. Like Brain Fried
Bob Thompson. A stalker, a pathological liar, a dickless coward, and
one of the vilest people on the net.
Run. Run before Tranny Boob calls YOU a child molester. After all,
you mentioned the resort has to be "family friendly." Does that mean
the resort has to be friendly to child molesters who molest their
children?
Damn, this is easy.

Old August 26th 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

*stenor1 wrote:
[...]

Holy ****. *Pervert Dave Davidson invites a family to get to know Bob
Thompson. *Tranny Boob himself. *One of the most disgusting,
despicable, vile freaks on the planet.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!-

And right on cue, Tranny Boob makes a blowhard post and falsely
accuses me of molesting children.
Pervert Dave Davidson could not have timed it better.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old August 28th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MG[_3_]

"stenor1" wrote in message
We usually ski in Tahoe (we like Northstar), but are considering a
trip to Colorado this year. Does anyone have suggestions for a family-
friendly resort in Colorado that is open the week prior to
Thanksgiving?

We are less concerned with cheap prices or black diamond runs, and
more interested in the following:

- Quality full-day kids ski-school programs (that would include
rentals, lift ticket, lunch etc)
- Good variety of terrain catering to novice & intermediate skiers
(nice long tree-lined blue runs like Northstar has...)
- Village with quality amenities & a variety of nice restaurants
within the village or nearby town
- Reasonably easy to get to (we normally drive 5 hours from Bay Area
to get to Tahoe, but would probably not want to drive more than 2
hours to get to resort after flying in to Denver).
- Quality accommodations such as condos/townhomes at or near resort,
either in walking distance or with shuttle service.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

November is tough. I've seen good coverage at Breckenridge at Thanksgiving.
Keystone and Steamboat fit your criteria perfectly, but it would be early in
the season. Staying in Frisco/Dillon gives you flexibility and access to
Vail, Beaver Creek, Breck, Copper, Keystone, A Basin, and Loveland, and only
about 90 minutes (or less? I forget) to Steamboat.