Lacking Control

Old September 13th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Lacking Control

lal_truckee wrote:

Wouldn't it be more interesting...

Yes. *Anything* would be more interesting. THUD THUD THUD.

In local news, the hill realized that the ginormous Olympic-sized Super
Pipe which they built a couple of years ago at no small expense was the
least used piece of real-estate in the whole place, so they bulldozed it
and will replace it with a hill dedicated to race-training. They're
copying the model that brought the world Lindsay Vonn and Sarah Schepler
- we'll see if it bears fruit, but it has to be a better utilization of
space than the Big Gutter.

//Walt
Old September 14th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Sep 13, 3:09*pm, Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
Wouldn't it be more interesting...

Yes. **Anything* would be more interesting. *THUD THUD THUD.

In local news, the hill realized that the ginormous Olympic-sized Super
Pipe which they built a couple of years ago at no small expense was the
least used piece of real-estate in the whole place, so they bulldozed it
and will replace it with a hill dedicated to race-training. *They're
copying the model that brought the world Lindsay Vonn and Sarah Schepler
- we'll see if it bears fruit, but it has to be a better utilization of
space than the Big Gutter.

//Walt

Well Breckenridge is adding a new one since their old one isn't quite
Olympic sized. They needed to do it so they could get real Olympians
for the Dew Tour. Last year the Dew Tour guys extorted $50k from the
town for promoting their event and then no Olympians showed up because
Breck only had an 18' pipe instead of a 22' pipe. Maybe this year we
will get our monies worth out of the tour but I doubt it.
Old September 14th 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 13, 7:44*pm, snoig wrote:
On Sep 13, 3:09*pm, Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

How does any place "get their money's worth"?

Control freaq bumpfreaq Alpine Skiing 13 March 5th 07 03:35 PM
NBC's Olympic coverage is obviously lacking. Archie Leach Alpine Skiing 1 February 20th 06 04:55 AM
Breck control work (was Control Work at Alta, Today, 12/10/04 Let Mikey Ski It! Alpine Skiing (moderated) 5 December 15th 04 03:34 AM