Smmit County CO shows lots of snow

Old October 27th 15, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Smmit County CO shows lots of snow

Just went to the Summit County Colorado webcams - Breckenridge and A-Basin - and they have a lot of snow. YEAH!!!!
Old October 28th 15, 08:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 9:28:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just went to the Summit County Colorado webcams - Breckenridge and A-Basin - and they have a lot of snow. YEAH!!!!

Mammoth showing also

http://www.mammothmountain.com/winte...cams/mccoy-cam

I heard someone on Sunday say they were blowing snow, but it doesn't show on the cams yet.
Old October 28th 15, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 1:57:44 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 9:28:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just went to the Summit County Colorado webcams - Breckenridge and A-Basin - and they have a lot of snow. YEAH!!!!

Mammoth showing also

http://www.mammothmountain.com/winte...cams/mccoy-cam

I heard someone on Sunday say they were blowing snow, but it doesn't show on the cams yet.

The ugliness of ski slopes without snow is why I won't live near a ski area.
Old October 29th 15, 03:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 10/28/2015 02:00 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 1:57:44 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 9:28:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just went to the Summit County Colorado webcams - Breckenridge and A-Basin - and they have a lot of snow. YEAH!!!!

Mammoth showing also

http://www.mammothmountain.com/winte...cams/mccoy-cam

I heard someone on Sunday say they were blowing snow, but it doesn't show on the cams yet.

The ugliness of ski slopes without snow is why I won't live near a ski area.

Try living near a freeway :-(

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 29th 15, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 3:00:19 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

The ugliness of ski slopes without snow is why I won't live near a ski area.

Some aren't bad. The grasses on the runs make nice meadows and you already know your way through the trees!

Old October 30th 15, 01:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Loveland and A-Basin both opened today, 20+ inches of natural snow plus what they have been making.

Old October 30th 15, 03:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

We have lived in this house 22 years, and in that time we have had 3 brush fires burn right up to the same slope a couple of hundred yards away, where the FD was able to stop them with backfires.

I'll take a freeway, please.

PS -- Since the last fire, 4 newly-built houses are sitting in that burnout area. The next backfire should be more dramatic.
Old October 30th 15, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 10/28/15 2:00 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
The ugliness of ski slopes without snow is why I won't live near a ski area.

Our local branch of the Forest Service has denied any massive massaging
and butchering of the terrain, leaving it pretty much in a natural
state, although garnished with lost wallets and cell phones.