Adult Winter Snowboard Camp

Old September 15th 04, 09:13 PM
John

Default Adult Winter Snowboard Camp

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/comments about
adult winter snowboard camps. I've seen some old posts on the subject,
but was interested on hearing some new experiences. I'm planning a
trip for the 04/05 winter season, and would like to improve my riding
and hang out with some cool boarders. I'm currently and intermediate
rider who loves to get air.

These are the links to the places that I have seen so far.
Whistler Snowboard Camp
http://www.whistlerskateboardcamp.co...nframeset.html

High Cascade
http://www.highcascade.com/camps/adu...geoptions.html

Pro Ride Snowboard Camp
http://www.pro-ride.com/camps.htm

South Shore Soldiers
http://www.southshoresoldiers.com/

Jacksonhole
http://new.jacksonhole.com/skiing/camps.html
Old September 15th 04, 09:38 PM
Neil Gendzwill

John wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/comments about
adult winter snowboard camps.

SnowPerformance puts on camps, oriented towards carving mostly. See
http://www.snowperformance.com/

Neil

Old September 15th 04, 09:58 PM
Mike T

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/comments about
adult winter snowboard camps.

SnowPerformance puts on camps, oriented towards carving mostly. See
http://www.snowperformance.com/

You beat me to it Neil

The High Cascade winter camps are at Mt Bachelor. That would be a great
place for a camp, they've got everything there! Some great carving runs, a
huge park, an in-ground superpipe, trees trees and more trees, and if you
are there when the sun is shining, above-treeline riding that offers some
good steeps. If you;re going to do a winter camp you might as well do
something that offers the chance to work on your freeriding skills as well
as park, pipe and rails!

Mike T

Old September 16th 04, 04:02 PM
BallsOut

"Mike T" wrote in message news:jW22d.6105$MS1.1866@trnddc02...
I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/comments about
adult winter snowboard camps.

SnowPerformance puts on camps, oriented towards carving mostly. See
http://www.snowperformance.com/

You beat me to it Neil

The High Cascade winter camps are at Mt Bachelor. That would be a great
place for a camp, they've got everything there! Some great carving runs, a
huge park, an in-ground superpipe, trees trees and more trees, and if you
are there when the sun is shining, above-treeline riding that offers some
good steeps. If you;re going to do a winter camp you might as well do
something that offers the chance to work on your freeriding skills as well
as park, pipe and rails!

Mike T

Thanks for the advise. The High Cascade camp does look really good,
the only thing I don't like about the Mt Bachelor one is that is costs
a fortune to get there. I live in NY State, and transportation
there looks like it would run me about $450. High Cascade also has a
camp in Tahoe, which is much cheaper to get to, do you have any
experience with the Tahoe camp?
Old September 16th 04, 04:20 PM
Mike T

Thanks for the advise. The High Cascade camp does look really good,
the only thing I don't like about the Mt Bachelor one is that is costs
a fortune to get there. I live in NY State, and transportation
there looks like it would run me about $450. High Cascade also has a
camp in Tahoe, which is much cheaper to get to, do you have any
experience with the Tahoe camp?

I did a High Cascade summer session at Hood, but never at Bachelor, sorry of
that was misleading. My comments werer derived from riding at Bachelor on
my own... you should ask them whether they do trees, etc if you're
interested in that. The terrain is certainly there though!

Likewise there is even more amazing terrain at Tahoe, it all depends on
which mountain(s) they do their sessions at.