Big group of Norwegians need help on Birkie 2005 travel

Old April 26th 04, 04:48 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default Big group of Norwegians need help on Birkie 2005 travel

(Lars) wrote in message om...
Some countries are sending elite skiers (national team members) to
Birkie.
So far not Norway as I've seen.
But on next years prelimenary FIS world cup program I can't see any
race between 13.Feb to 5.March.
http://www.langrenn.com/cparticle138583-1743.html

When is the World Champs? Normally these races conflict with the Birkie.

Jay Wenner
Old April 27th 04, 07:32 AM
Anders Lustig

(Sly D. Skeez) wrote in message . com...

But on next years prelimenary FIS world cup program I can't see any
race between 13.Feb to 5.March.
http://www.langrenn.com/cparticle138583-1743.html

When is the World Champs? Normally these races conflict with the Birkie.

Make http://www.oberstdorf2005.com one of your bookmarks!

16th-27th, February - and the 50K will, as almost always -
be on the last day of competition.

Lustig (who laments the probable dearth of individual
start events in O.)
Old April 27th 04, 03:45 PM
sknyski

Make http://www.oberstdorf2005.com one of your bookmarks!

Where in Germany is this place? This web site sux. Only reason I'm
axing is that I want to do the King Ludwig race in Oberammergau and
don't want it to be crawling with skinny racer types with artifically
high hematocrits, training for the upcoming worlds.

bt
Old April 27th 04, 11:40 PM
Lars

Oberstdorf is close to Austria border, 156km south-west of Munchen.
Look it up on www.maporama.com

I should have remembered the hole in the WC program was the world champs.

Old April 29th 04, 08:14 AM
Anders Lustig

(sknyski) wrote in message om...

Make
http://www.oberstdorf2005.com one of your bookmarks!

Where in Germany is this place?

Right across the Austrian border, roughly south of Ulm

This web site sux.

Sorry about that, I didn´t even look at it...

Only reason I'm axing is that I want to do the King Ludwig race in
Oberammergau and don't want it to be crawling with skinny racer types
with artifically high hematocrits, training for the upcoming worlds.

I suppose that is a risk that cannot completely excluded
at that point in time:-)

Oberammergau is also right across the Austrian border, but
roughly south of Munich, and there´s about 60 km of Austria,
alps, glaciers and valleys, between the two places.

Lustig (who this time wonders what is the rationale for not
including the World Championship races in the World Cup)