Follow-up - French speed traps

Old January 19th 04, 02:19 PM
PG

Default Follow-up - French speed traps

Just to demonstrate that foreign-registered cars no longer get away with
speeding on the French roads, last weekend's figures just released for
the A64 motorway on the way to the Spanish border showed (in a 110 kph
limit area):

164 speeding violations in total, including 96 foreign-registered cars,
mainly Spanish tourists on their way home from a skiing holiday.

Those driving around 150/160 kph received fines of 750 euros payable on
the spot, licence confiscated, car immobilised until a replacement
driver is provided, plus a summons to appear in court.

Expensive ski trip!

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old January 19th 04, 02:29 PM
Hog

PG wrote:
Just to demonstrate that foreign-registered cars no longer get away
with speeding on the French roads, last weekend's figures just
released for the A64 motorway on the way to the Spanish border showed
(in a 110 kph limit area):

164 speeding violations in total, including 96 foreign-registered
cars, mainly Spanish tourists on their way home from a skiing holiday.

Those driving around 150/160 kph received fines of 750 euros payable
on the spot, licence confiscated, car immobilised until a replacement
driver is provided, plus a summons to appear in court.

Expensive ski trip!

Yes but that sounds like drivers actually stopped, not photographed. It's
always been tough enough if they actually stopped you for doing major speed.

--
Hog

Old January 19th 04, 02:31 PM
cupra

PG wrote:
Just to demonstrate that foreign-registered cars no longer get away
with speeding on the French roads, last weekend's figures just
released for the A64 motorway on the way to the Spanish border showed
(in a 110 kph limit area):
=20
164 speeding violations in total, including 96 foreign-registered
cars, mainly Spanish tourists on their way home from a skiing holiday.
=20
Those driving around 150/160 kph received fines of 750 euros payable
on the spot, licence confiscated, car immobilised until a replacement
driver is provided, plus a summons to appear in court.
=20
Expensive ski trip!
=20
Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

And this lot are collecting fines across Europe, apparently:

http://www.epcplc.com/uk/offenderservices/index.html

--=20
cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

Old January 19th 04, 02:37 PM
Ace

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:19:52 +0100, "PG"
wrote:

Just to demonstrate that foreign-registered cars no longer get away with
speeding on the French roads, last weekend's figures just released for
the A64 motorway on the way to the Spanish border showed (in a 110 kph
limit area):

164 speeding violations in total, including 96 foreign-registered cars,
mainly Spanish tourists on their way home from a skiing holiday.

I'm just hoping they're still not trying to enforce fines for
Swiss-plated cars, although I have to say I didn't actually notice any
fixed cameras on my way back from Soldeu last week...

Those driving around 150/160 kph received fines of 750 euros payable on
the spot, licence confiscated, car immobilised until a replacement
driver is provided, plus a summons to appear in court.

So this isn't the 'new' gatso-type radars at all, but the traditional
roadside hairdryer type, and it's not on a 'proper' autoroute, but a
restricted, non-péage, bit.

Expensive ski trip!

Indeed.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 19th 04, 02:44 PM
PG

"Hog" wrote in message
| PG wrote:
..../...

| Those driving around 150/160 kph received fines of 750 euros payable
| on the spot, licence confiscated, car immobilised until a
replacement
| driver is provided, plus a summons to appear in court.
|
| Expensive ski trip!
|
| Yes but that sounds like drivers actually stopped, not photographed.
It's
| always been tough enough if they actually stopped you for doing major
speed.

Yes a mobile trap, but believe me there's more and more of them with the
new 'zero tolerance' policy.... and they've started to try to camouflage
the radar positions better (reckon the flics must be on a percentage)...

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old January 19th 04, 04:46 PM
Simon Brown

There's a company here that collects on their behalf, they add about CHF 200
to the fine for their efforts :-(
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 20th 04, 08:23 AM
Ace

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:46:26 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

There's a company here that collects on their behalf, they add about CHF 200
to the fine for their efforts :-(

Just for parking fines, I think you'll find.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 20th 04, 08:27 AM
Simon Brown

No, speeding as well. They handle UK speeding tickets etc., I've seen the
results of their handiwork although it was a workmate who received the
invoice, not me :-) Anyway you may be lucky.

FWIW we have heavy snowfall here and due to an accident yesterday the main
snow clearing machine is out of action. I expect poor visibility but great
powder at the moment. Waded out through 30cms - 50 cms to get the post this
morning.

Lorra lorra snow.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 20th 04, 09:25 AM
PG

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

| FWIW we have heavy snowfall here and due to an accident yesterday the
main
| snow clearing machine is out of action. I expect poor visibility but
great
| powder at the moment. Waded out through 30cms - 50 cms to get the post
this
| morning.
|
| Lorra lorra snow.

They say you can't have too much of a good thing, but.....

Yesterday was the first day they actually managed to open most of the
Les Arcs domain after the heavy recent falls. Today it's coming down
heavier than ever, and more is forecast. Friday looks like being the
first sunny day for a while.

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old January 20th 04, 11:37 AM
Ace

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:27:46 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

FWIW we have heavy snowfall here and due to an accident yesterday the main
snow clearing machine is out of action. I expect poor visibility but great
powder at the moment. Waded out through 30cms - 50 cms to get the post this
morning.

Lorra lorra snow.

Not surprised - we've even had snow settling round here in the last 24
hours, although the temperature's a bit high (+3 at 8 this morning)
for it to settle much on the roads.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)