my board is stiff - LOFT - stance Q

Old December 11th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jeffry

Default my board is stiff - LOFT - stance Q

I learned on a K2 Electra 167, and since rode two Salomon Definition
160 over 5 years (I delaminated each between the toeside). I also have
a Ride Timeless, which is my favorite all around snowboard - light,
forgiving in tight action, yet stable at speed and can hold a carve.

The Salomon LOFT 160 is light, yet can take very high speeds (I'm 5'11
170#) and remain stable. it's narrower and I'm going to have to play
with angles/settings to avoid drag.

The LOFT commands respect for its rigidity - it can handle tight
action, but keep it level as possible and plow through. I rode rutted,
icy traverses comfortably in the ski-slew. Conditions will dictate the
LOFT's response - it's light enough to kick turn through icey mogules
as long as you know your edging requirements, but doesn't take
surprises well. It's not forgiving in the least, and performs best
when your in command of the conditions.

I ride for powder stashes, off piste or wherever, looking for natural
pipe features and small kickers/drops. The LOFT was great getting
every where when I *allowed time* for negotiating terrain. I only lost
it when trying to do something too tight, too fast - which is easy with
this board as it's so fast! I think my Timeless is still better
overall, except when charging. I think the LOFT would ride well in a
place with well groomed runs - it would excell there!!

I wonder if spreading my stance would get better leverage/flex? I
typically stick with middle settings, and set the rear back in deeper
powder conditions. Do other guys move front bindings fore/aft from
neutral, and if so, why? I've heard the LOFT has a *sweet spot* -
anyone heard of this, and know how to *hit it*?!?!?!?!
Hi from Seattle/Alpental!!!

Old December 11th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
og

I thought LOFT was "Lack Of ****ing Talent"? LOFT..Get it? Golf jolk,
nevermind.

Anyway, For more leverage try Palmer Power plates. They work great for
me.

Old December 11th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jeffry

og wrote:
I thought LOFT was "Lack Of ****ing Talent"? LOFT..Get it? Golf jolk,
nevermind.

My girlfriend wouldn't agree, and I don't golf, so nevermind I will.

Anyway, For more leverage try Palmer Power plates. They work great for
me.

I'll look into these - thanks.

my board is stiff - LOFT - stance Q Jeffry Snowboarding 1 December 27th 06 03:02 AM
new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Board spec question and the Burton Baron Frank L Lynn Snowboarding 2 April 11th 05 05:42 PM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 06:22 PM