Road trip report: Vail, Alta, Northstar

Old December 22nd 03, 05:54 PM
Chester Bullock

Default Road trip report: Vail, Alta, Northstar

Seth Masia wrote:

Hitched up the reindeer and left Boulder Thursday morning. Spent the day at
Vail, skiing sweet cut-up loose stuff in the bowls and Maching it on
Lodgepole and Northwoods. Sunny, cool, windless -- perfect skiing weather.

Left 4pm and drove to Salt Lake, arriving at midnight. Sad note: Dead
mountain lion sprawled across the centerline west of Craig. First time I've
ever seen that. I flagged down a cop a few miles later and it was the first
time he'd ever seen a puma roadkill, too.

Warm sunny day at Alta but the snow -- several days after the last storm --
was still very dry and I found good powder lines remaining in the trees.
Great bump skiing, too, pretty much free of rocks. Uncrowded on Friday and I
got pretty worn out.

Drove to Elko and spent the night. Light rain in the morning. Got to
Northstar in fog and wet. Raining lightly to about 7500 feet, with wet snow
above and about three inches of good toothy Sierra powder over the old base.
Cafeterias very crowded but lift lines short on the backside runs. Thin
cloud cover: forecast for clearing Sunday.

Drove on to Berkeley in torrential rain thru Sac and Davis. Gave reindeer a
hot bath and lots of chocolate.

Headed back to the Lake on Tuesday and Utah again next week.

Ho, ho, ho.

Seth
http://skiinghistory.org
http://skimuseum.net
http://snowindustrynews.com

That qualifies for a "bite-me" I think...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 22nd 03, 06:23 PM
scottabe

Default Seth Masia Ignores the Crimes of His Friends

Hey, Masia?
Your sick **** buddies are falsely accusing me of molesting children, making
gross jokes about raping children, lying and defaming and stalking.
Got a comment on your friends?
Of course not.
The same utter lack of decency, ethics, and morality from a pathological
liar and truly vile asshole.

in article , Seth Masia at

Old December 22nd 03, 07:47 PM
scottabe

in article
a3JpbWluYWw=.ae461484c9fcb2ca440939a714c14408@1072 125410.cotse.net,
Concerned Skiers of America at am wrote on 12/22/03 12:36 PM:

scottabe wrote:

Hey, Masia?
Your sick **** buddies are falsely accusing me of molesting children,

making
gross jokes about raping children, lying and defaming and stalking.
Got a comment on your friends?
Of course not.
The same utter lack of decency, ethics, and morality from a

pathological
liar and truly vile asshole.

I wonder how Mr. Masia feels about being called a "pathological liar"
and an "asshole" in a public forum. I doubt he likes it very much.

I could care less if he likes it. He supports terrorism and the vile
behavior of his buddies, he is civil to terrorists, he has never condemned
the criminal behavior of his buddies.....or cheap shots by gutless cowards
like you who ain't even got the balls to use a real name.
His asshole buddy Tom Geldner used to run illegal, criminal conspiracies
that launched TOS attacks by lying to my providers, and Masia is featured on
his site. Which makes Masia an asshole. Just like you.

You know, I'm surprised that you keep saying things like this - it's
really not in your own interest. Seth Masia is a very well-known guy
in the skiing world. He's influential and respected.

He's an asshole. Telling the truth is in my interest.

I'm sure he knows
a lot of people in the industry, including lots of mountain managers
and ski area owners. He easily could put the word out about you, and
let people know you were definitely NOT someone to do business with, or
give comp lift tickets to. And they would listen to him, for sure. I
for one hopes he does - maybe it would shut you up. And you deserve it.

No surprise you encourage the same sick tactics you sick ****s have been
using for years. Attack and harass me in the real world with sick lies.
But you criticize ME for telling the truth?
You deserve to get your sick ass whipped for being a lying stalker. Why
don't you try and shut me up yourself, you vile little asshole?
Or use a real name. So I can stalk YOU in real life and do what you just
encouraged your fellow asshole to do.
Fair is fair, isn't it, you gutless coward?

Old December 22nd 03, 08:56 PM
Richard Henry

"Concerned Skiers of America" wrote in message
news:a3JpbWluYWw=.a66b1e718ed6ca3e997010884dcd4d94 @1072129382.cotse.net...
scottabe wrote:

He's an asshole. Telling the truth is in my interest.

No, he's not. It's not the truth, and telling it is NOT in your
interest.

I wonder how many ski-area marketing heads would welcome an association
with you, if they knew what you were up to. My guess: zero. You
always brag about the free lift tickets you get, like at Big Sky.
Maybe RSAers should organize a letter-writing campaign to every major
ski area in the Western US and Canada, with copies of your posts
included. Send them to the heads of marketing AND security. Ask them
if they want their mountain associated with someone like Scott
Abraham. Ask them if they think their customers are safe when such an
unstable individual is around. Show them posts where you talk about
bringing guns to ski areas to protect yourself from "dweebs". Point
out to them that they are liable if any incident occurs, especially
when you are skiing free on a lift ticket that they gave you.

Don't forget the recent Liberty Skis thread.

Old December 22nd 03, 08:59 PM
scottabe

in article tMJFb.12240$7D3.3180@fed1read02, Richard Henry at

scottabe wrote:

[...]

Don't forget how Richard Henry just got trolled. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What
a dumb****!
You proved my point, you stupid asshole.
The minute I trolled you and your sick friends, you stalked, lied, defamed,
harassed, and otherwise were terrorists.
You stupid, predictable, dumb**** asshole, you were had!

Old December 22nd 03, 08:59 PM
dingbat

scottabe wrote:
I wonder how many ski-area marketing heads would welcome an association
with you, if they knew what you were up to. My guess: zero. You
always brag about the free lift tickets you get, like at Big Sky.

There's no way that bozo gets free lift tickets. Just another false memory
thing. Most likely inspired by Bert.

Old December 22nd 03, 10:05 PM
lal_truckee

Seth Masia wrote:

Drove to Elko and spent the night. Light rain in the morning. Got to
Northstar in fog and wet. Raining lightly to about 7500 feet, with wet snow
above and about three inches of good toothy Sierra powder over the old base.

Things cleaned up by Sunday: it cooled down, and the fresh was
sufficient to cushion the old snow underfoot, although insufficient to
encourage powder technique except in occasional wind drifts. It's been
better; but still, not too shabby.

Old December 22nd 03, 11:03 PM
The Real Bev

Default Seth Masia is a fine fellow and I even bought his book NEW

scottabe wrote:

He's an asshole. Telling the truth is in my interest.

No, he's not. It's not the truth, and telling it is NOT in your
interest.

I wonder how many ski-area marketing heads would welcome an association
with you, if they knew what you were up to. My guess: zero ... Maybe RSAers should
organize a letter-writing campaign to every major ski area in the Western US and
Canada, with copies of your posts included. Send them to the heads of marketing
AND security....

What you say makes sense except for one thing: it's the same kind of
real-life stalking that Scott has done, and I would like to think that
Seth and everyone else here is above that sort of crap. Using Scott's
own posts as a defense is certainly acceptable, but using them in a
deliberate smear campaign is something else again. Scottish behavior
sucks even when others do it.

--
Cheers,Bev