Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Old May 26th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Frederic Beaulieu

Default Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Hi,

I'm looking to build a home wax bench this summer and be ready for the next season.

I was thinking of building this one which seam great :
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/Equipment/WaxBench1.asp

I wonder however what is the best cross-country profiles that I should buy and fix on it? Is the Swix T0793-2 a good choice to handle all different boot fix, high and low ski camber and, at the same time, easy and quick to adjust length/fix height (need to wax for all the family )?

I would really appreciate also if you have any other ideas I could add to this setup to make this a real ultimate wax bench.

Thanks,
Fred
Old May 26th 14, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Here are three links. I use the wookrollerski vice system with the
truenorth profile.

http://www.parryloeffler.com/waxbench.htm
http://www.truenorthwoodworking.com/
http://www.woodrollerski.com/

Gene

Old September 8th 14, 08:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Frederic Beaulieu

Just wondering if someone have good idea/suggestion about that since winter is coming and Im about to start building it.

Should I include a shopvac at the bottom to easily clean the space?

Anything else?

On Monday, 26 May 2014 15:58:52 UTC-4, Frederic Beaulieu wrote:
Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Hi,

I'm looking to build a home wax bench this summer and be ready for the next season.

I was thinking of building this one which seam great :

http://www.nordicskiracer.com/Equipment/WaxBench1.asp

I wonder however what is the best cross-country profiles that I should buy and fix on it? Is the Swix T0793-2 a good choice to handle all different boot fix, high and low ski camber and, at the same time, easy and quick to adjust length/fix height (need to wax for all the family )?

I would really appreciate also if you have any other ideas I could add to this setup to make this a real ultimate wax bench.

Thanks,

Fred

Best Portable Wax Bench? Borg Nordic Skiing 0 November 7th 05 03:52 AM
Wax Bench Daniel Vargo Nordic Skiing 4 March 8th 05 03:54 PM
Ride "Profile" What is this board good for? Bob Snowboarding 4 March 14th 04 09:14 PM
Not your everyday wax bench... JMC Nordic Skiing 2 January 20th 04 09:31 PM
wax bench David Smullin Nordic Skiing 5 December 10th 03 06:44 PM