Utah The Canyons

Old August 27th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

Default Utah The Canyons

Alan Fried wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
Alan Fried wrote:
Does the bus line go to all the resorts in Park City
as well as in the Cottonwoods. I went online and
could not find much information concerning
bus shuttles.

There's no useful public transport between SLC and PC. There's
various vans, like Canyon Hop, and the airport shuttles (pricey, but
they are there). PC has an excellent town bus system that runs
nights and sundays and everything in between, and it's FREE. SLC has
a reasonable ski bus system, that costs a bit, and a good town bus
system that shuts down on Sundays and contracts horribly at night
(and ceases pretty-much at night).

That sounds correct and is the reason I chose the Super 8 motel. They
arrange shuttle
service to get you to and from the motel and resorts in Park City as
well as the
Cottonwoods.

Sounds like a very useful thing. If you're hell bent on being in SLC, there
was a well-located Super 8 where 900 E joined with Fort Union. Plenty of
shopping, eating and transport right on the doorstep. But something a tad
more northeast might be a better option. Sugarhouse is a good spot, if
you're doing PC and the canyon areas. I don't recall any Super 8s there, but
that doesn't mean there weren't any. The Super 8 on 900 E/Fort Union was
quite busy, a few staff evidently lived in central SL and took the bus I
took pre-dawn... they got off there.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old August 27th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Alan Fried wrote:

Thats an awesome deal Mike. My wife did not want to rent
a car. This package includes everything. Ground transportation to
and from the airport, transportation to Park City Resorts as well
as the Cottonwoods and discount lift tickets.

Yes. Make sure you are booked at the Midvale location.
That is a *much* shorter bus ride to the Cottonwoods.
Also note that your bus pass is also good
on the TRAX train into the city.

Thanx for your help.

You are welcome.

-- Mike Treseler
Old August 27th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Fried

Sounds like a very useful thing. If you're hell bent on being in SLC,
there was a well-located Super 8 where 900 E joined with Fort Union.
Plenty of shopping, eating and transport right on the doorstep. But
something a tad more northeast might be a better option. Sugarhouse is a
good spot, if you're doing PC and the canyon areas. I don't recall any
Super 8s there, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. The Super 8 on
900 E/Fort Union was quite busy, a few staff evidently lived in central SL
and took the bus I took pre-dawn... they got off there.

Thats the one we booked. Originally we were going to stay
at the Embassy Suites near the airport but we had to rent
a car for that one.

We don't want to drive (at least my wife doesn't) so we chose
the Super 8 as recommended by I believe Mike because they
provide transportation to the Cottonwoods as well as Park
City.

Thanx for your input.

Alan

Old August 27th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Fried

"Mike Treseler" wrote in message
Alan Fried wrote:

Thats an awesome deal Mike. My wife did not want to rent
a car. This package includes everything. Ground transportation to
and from the airport, transportation to Park City Resorts as well
as the Cottonwoods and discount lift tickets.

Yes. Make sure you are booked at the Midvale location.
That is a *much* shorter bus ride to the Cottonwoods.
Also note that your bus pass is also good
on the TRAX train into the city.

Yes we're at the Midvale location. Very reasonably priced. The Suite
is cheaper than most standard rooms and I got a geat deal on my flight
so it was a hard deal to pass
up on.

Last year we went to steamboat and we payed twice as much for
about the same deal.

Thanx again