Training Week Oct 20-26th

Old October 27th 03, 06:47 AM
Anders Lustig

Default Training Week Oct 20-26th

Greeting r.s.ners! Please tell us about your training week
(and your goals)!

MON 0:00

TUE 2:00 Nordic walking

WED 1:00 Running, incl. 20x 30s+30s (vVO2max/jog)

THU 2:00 Nordic walking

FRI 1:00 Upper body strength work at the gym

SAT 2:00 Running

SUN 2:00 Skiing!!!

Another "Lydiardian" week, crowned by my first ever October
skiing since I left my childhood´s more northern climes: a
perfect sunny zero degree days and about four inches of snow:-)

Anders

PS should there be a popular demand for this thread, it would
be better if someone with a habit of posting on Sundays took
up the responsibility and the honour of starting it each week.

(I never do - I´m strictly an "only on my employer´s time"
kind of guy.)
Old October 27th 03, 09:54 AM
Janne G

Anders Lustig wrote:

Greeting r.s.ners! Please tell us about your training week
(and your goals)!

MON 0:00

TUE 2:00 Nordic walking

WED 1:00 Running, incl. 20x 30s+30s (vVO2max/jog)

THU 2:00 Nordic walking

FRI 1:00 Upper body strength work at the gym

SAT 2:00 Running

SUN 2:00 Skiing!!!

Another "Lydiardian" week, crowned by my first ever October
skiing since I left my childhood´s more northern climes: a
perfect sunny zero degree days and about four inches of snow:-)

Anders

****, are you on snow this early? Even if i have a rather windy day with snow
here, the forecast say that it going to turn over to rain in the afternoon..-(

Mon: rest
Tue: rest
wed: running 1:20 with poles
thu: rest
fri: rest
sat: Polewalk uphill 10x1:55 +running with poles 30min
sun: on the biketrainer for 1:15 with 20x35/25 on/off intervalls

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old October 27th 03, 12:51 PM
Anders Lustig

Janne G wrote in message ...

****, are you on snow this early? Even if i have a rather windy day with snow
here, the forecast say that it going to turn over to rain in the afternoon..-(

No need to worry or be jealous, it´ll be gone tomorrow
with the +6 forecast for the next few days. (It was -10
this morning, but I´m afraid the weathermen haven´t got
it wrong!

(In any half way normal winter you´ll get a month´s head
start on me...)

Anders
Old October 27th 03, 05:52 PM
Eli Brown

Janne G wrote in message ...
Anders Lustig wrote:

[...]

Man you guys are way ahead of me in the training game, my week looks like this;

Mon: rest
Tues: jog for 20 minutes
Wed: rest
Thr: rest
fri: jog for 30 minutes
sat: hike for an hour
sun: recovery day
Old October 27th 03, 11:25 PM
BeeCharmer

Since you asked, here's my week's schedule:

MON rest

TUE 30min weights, 60min rollers (recovery)

WED 60min Iyengar yoga, 60min rollerski w/15min interval

THU 30min weights, 60min rollers (recovery)

FRI 75min rollerski with easy climbs

SAT 75min recovery bike ride

SUN 180min rollerski with serious Birkie+ hills (45-60min in LT range)

This is pretty much what I've been doing since bike racing ended at
the end of August with my long rollerski growing by 20min or so each
week.

chris
ne iowa
Old October 28th 03, 03:23 AM
DF

Greeting r.s.ners! Please tell us about your training week
(and your goals)!

MON got new running shoes (long overdue) - running fartlek (4 min-30 sec sprints) +/- 70 min.

TUE 30 min lifefitness machine, short upper/core weights

WED 90 min trail run LSD pace

THU 30 min lifefitness machine, short upper/core weights

FRI 45 min trail run LSD pace / short sprints

SAT 30 min warmup, 5k (20:31)

SUN rest

Also did 2-3 sessions of combined Pilates and Steady Ski balance
drills over the course of the week.
Old October 28th 03, 04:54 AM
Chequama Mama

My Week

A short week to make up for last weeks "long week"

WED- 35 Min run Level 3

THU- 1:25 Bike ride Level 2

FRI-1 hr bike ride Level 1

SAT-1 hr Mtn bike- Level 3ish (didn't really pay attention)

SUN-1 hr Rollerski (double poling) Level 2

Week: 5 hours

This was designed as a really easy week (I was hoping for closer to 8
hours, but this was fine). It came at the end of a cycle of building
volume, and this week I'm starting to ramp up the intensity session (as
part of my "cram 6 months into 3" plan.

Goals for this season:
Don't break any bones before the season starts. I've broken bones the
last two Autumns.

No specific races, but my goal is to win a reasonably sized regional
race here in the Northwestern US sometime in the next two seasons. I'll
also be hoping to do well racing back home in the Midwest over Christmas
break.

Ski faster through better technique and more strength. (I think I'm
doing well on this one already, at least the strength aspect)

FYI: I"m only 22 (youngest on this newsgroup by far?) and so I can still
suffer dillusions of great improvement to a very high level of the sport.

More than you wanted to know

Paul

Old October 28th 03, 12:29 PM
Dell Todd

Default Youngest Poster

Chequama Mama wrote

FYI: I"m only 22 (youngest on this newsgroup by far?) and so I can still
suffer dillusions of great improvement to a very high level of the sport.

More than you wanted to know

Paul

I believe that Eric Shmo Chandler is also a U23 category.
Old October 28th 03, 01:33 PM
Marsh Jones

MON 2:00 easy-moderate road ride

TUE 1:15 moderate mountain bike

WED 1:30 rollerski (skate) - 1x5x600m intervals@95%MHR

THU 1:20 rollerski (skate)

FRI 1:30 easy road ride

SAT 1:15 trail run/walk - took dog, no poles.

SUN 1:40 rollerski (skate)