Ski School

Old January 21st 04, 09:49 AM
John

Default Ski School

I've booked the kids (8 & 6) into the ESI ski school in Flaine. Does
anyone have any experience with the French ski schools? Is it safe to
leave them in the hands of the instructor and go off, do a bit of skiing
and meet them at the end of the lesson or should we stay within sight of
the class?

John

Old January 21st 04, 10:08 AM
Ian Spare

John wrote:
I've booked the kids (8 & 6) into the ESI ski school in Flaine. Does
anyone have any experience with the French ski schools? Is it safe to
leave them in the hands of the instructor and go off, do a bit of skiing
and meet them at the end of the lesson or should we stay within sight of
the class?

John

I don't see why not, I've used the ESI personally and booked friends and
family in and they've been fine. I've not used them in Flaine but I see
them around and they look pretty good to me.

Ian
Old January 21st 04, 10:46 AM
John

I don't see why not, I've used the ESI personally and booked friends
and family in and they've been fine. I've not used them in Flaine but I
see them around and they look pretty good to me.

Thanks. I guess we'll have to see how we feel when we get there at the end
of the day.

John

Old January 21st 04, 11:51 AM
Clive Perry

"John" wrote in message
. ..
I've booked the kids (8 & 6) into the ESI ski school in Flaine. Does
anyone have any experience with the French ski schools? Is it safe to
leave them in the hands of the instructor and go off, do a bit of skiing
and meet them at the end of the lesson or should we stay within sight of
the class?

John,

I have not used the ESF for my child but have used other French, Austrian
and US ski schools. From what I have experienced the instructor will not
thank you for being in sight of your children as you could be a cause of
distraction for the kids if they spot you.

Clive

Old January 21st 04, 12:12 PM
MoonMan

Clive Perry wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. ..
I've booked the kids (8 & 6) into the ESI ski school in Flaine. Does
anyone have any experience with the French ski schools? Is it safe to
leave them in the hands of the instructor and go off, do a bit of
skiing and meet them at the end of the lesson or should we stay
within sight of the class?

John,

I have not used the ESF for my child but have used other French,
Austrian and US ski schools. From what I have experienced the
instructor will not thank you for being in sight of your children as
you could be a cause of distraction for the kids if they spot you.

It depends on the child, but in my experience teaching on a dry slope most
children do better if thier parents aren't watching

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old January 21st 04, 12:32 PM
Ian Spare

Clive Perry wrote:

"John" wrote in message
. ..

I've booked the kids (8 & 6) into the ESI ski school in Flaine. Does
anyone have any experience with the French ski schools? Is it safe to
leave them in the hands of the instructor and go off, do a bit of skiing
and meet them at the end of the lesson or should we stay within sight of
the class?

John,

I have not used the ESF for my child but have used other French, Austrian

ESF ? I thought we were talking about the ESI ?

Ian
Old January 21st 04, 12:40 PM
John

ESF ? I thought we were talking about the ESI ?

Is there much real difference?

Old January 21st 04, 01:52 PM
Ace

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(John) wrote:

ESF ? I thought we were talking about the ESI ?

Is there much real difference?

There can be, yes. IIUI, the whole setup of the ESF is nationally
organised, whereas each ESI school is an independent organisation.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Ski Club of Great Britain -