TR: Ugh, why are first turns so ugly...

Old November 10th 03, 08:16 PM

Default TR: Ugh, why are first turns so ugly...

Old November 10th 03, 09:24 PM
Tommy T.

Hey Booker,

Snow is just starting at Sunday River, Maine, but my ski and snowboard
school has had us instructors in dryland training since October 15th.
Besides ski-striding up hills and running in the woods, I spend an hour a
day (TV news hour, incidently) stretching and working on balance.

I'm available to be hired as a personal trainer -- lessons will be free only
cost to you will be my expenses.

Tommy T.

bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Nov.10.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu wrote
in message ...

Old November 11th 03, 07:03 PM

Old November 12th 03, 07:54 AM
allen

My first turns of the season are usually pretty gruesome. Comes mostly from
my overturning the skis and not relaxing. If all goes well, those initial
unaesthetic lines quickly get covered again so that I can put something a
bit smoother down the next day.

Just spent the last week putting around the perimeter of Alta, finding many
nice shots and getting the groove back. Plenty of great snow up there but
things can still be a bit boney here and there. Gotta get into that area and
enjoy it while I can..pretty soon the resort will open and then that whole
area is kaput until Spring.

Great to be on the snow again!