Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

Old December 6th 10, 11:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 14:01:10 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Dec 5, 1:32*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:32:43 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. *I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
to bring my lunch. *Resort food just isn't worth it.

You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

I have. Fifty times or so. Have a ceremonial hot chocolate there,
sing with the musician, hang with the rich folks. Best on mountain
bar in skiing.
Last year after we humiliated Brain Fried Bob when he didn't have the
nads to show up with three months notice, we skied to Stein's and
laughed at all of you freaks, especially him. A great time was had by
all.

Liar. You couldn't afford the ketchup there. They wouldn't allow you
in the door. Your smell and bad manners would upset the paying
customers.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 6th 10, 01:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 5, 9:07*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/05/10 20:11, Richard Henry wrote:

On Dec 5, 7:51 pm, The Real *wrote:
*On 12/05/10 19:27, Richard Henry wrote:
* *On Dec 5, 1:32 pm, wrote:
* * * *wrote this crap:

* * *Coffee and junk food from home. *I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
* * *when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
* * *to bring my lunch. *Resort food just isn't worth it.

* * *You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

*Nope. *I don't do buildings. *Or be buildings. *I'm more of a
*person-type person.

* *That was my opinion of Deer Valley food: *expensive like other
* *reosrts, but actually worth it.

*Expensive food is only worth it when you can put it on your expense
*account. *In N Out food, au contraire, is ALWAYS worth it!

*It's raining now. *WOOHOO!

My ski backpack usually includes a sandwich, chocolates, cheese and
crackers. *What else does man need?

It's maybe 200 feet from the ticket windows to my car. *Easier to walk
than carry stuff in a backpack. *OTOH, my skis are really heavy and I
don't feel comfy leaving them. *AND the walk to and from the car may
have contributed to my early tiredness. *Maybe I will dig out a small
backpack. *And put a neckstrap on the little Canon A400, which seems to
do whatever is needed and was $5 at a yardsale.

Beer, that's what.

I thought the idea was to bury it in the snow behind a tree...

You going this week?

Tuesday or Thursday look promising. Maybe both - I have a season
pass.
Old December 6th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
to bring my lunch. Resort food just isn't worth it.

You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

I have. *Fifty times or so. *Have a ceremonial hot chocolate there,
sing with the musician, hang with the rich folks. *Best on mountain
bar in skiing.
Last year after we humiliated Brain Fried Bob when he didn't have the
nads to show up with three months notice, we skied to Stein's and
laughed at all of you freaks, especially him. *A great time was had by
all.

Liar. *You couldn't afford the ketchup there. *They wouldn't allow you
in the door. *Your smell and bad manners would upset the paying
customers.

You could have shown up and found out. You had the same three month's
notice your fellow coward did.
Ooooops, forgot. That balls thing again. How humiliating for all of
you when Brain Fried Bob pulled a Horvath, diapered up, and hid out at
Alta
Old December 6th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

* *On Dec 5, 1:32 pm, wrote:
* * * *wrote this crap:

[...]

I carry a cable lock for the skis or board, and the pack for lunch. Stevens Pass
is still good enough to provide a microwave and hot water, so lunch is usually
quite good.

In my backpack, under normal conditions, I have a cable lock, a multi-
tool, sunscreen, ibuprofin, pepcid, cough drops, a couple of bandaids,
spare gloves, stocking cap (or my broadbrim hat if it's cold enough
that I'm wearing the socking cap), spare socks, whatever I packed for
lunch, a half-liter bottle of water, and what ever layers I have
removed as the day warmed up. My current bag is my son's former
school book bag, a solid Adidas bag with three external zippers and
two internal pockets.

Old December 6th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:58:40 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

What? *No rum flask? *

Jacket pocket.

Good save.

Old December 6th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Dec 6, 2:15*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:58:40 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

What? No rum flask?

Jacket pocket.

Good save.

Typical drunken asshole behavior.
Old December 6th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/06/10 06:27, Richard Henry wrote:

You going this week?

Tuesday or Thursday look promising. Maybe both - I have a season
pass.

Probably Wednesday. Stuff to do tomorrow and Friday and it's starting
to warm up.

--
Cheers, Bev

Just another day in Paradise (Snow Summit) The Real Bev[_7_] Alpine Skiing 2 March 12th 10 10:44 PM
EOY Trip Report helibrdr Alpine Skiing 0 April 25th 08 02:18 PM
SUGGESTIONS NEEDED FOR SUMMIT CO SKI TRIP IN FEB skiwithlove Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 08 05:28 PM
Big Bear/Snow Summit conditions Adam North American Ski Resorts 0 January 9th 07 09:46 PM