VOLKL Supersport 5 Star length

Old January 7th 04, 07:16 PM
Roman

Default VOLKL Supersport 5 Star length

I am sorry to ask again this popular question. I am planning to buy
one of those: Salomon Crossmax 10/9, Dynastar Scicross 10 or Volkl
Supersport 5 Star. I am 180lbs, 175 cm (5'10")height, 20 years of
skiing experience and love fast, short turns as well as powder skiing.
I am skiing one week a year in big mountains, and about 12 days a year
on East Coast. I know, it's controversial, and the best way to demo
all of them (what i will try to do), but can somebody advise on a
length? Currently i am skiing Rossi Race 9x 1999 year 191 cm. I feel
good on them on a high speed, but definitely they are long for bumps,
powder, short turns. Skied before on 193cm and 200cm.

I am more thinking about VOLKL Supersport 5 Star 168cm or 175cm.
Please advise
Thanks and regards,
Roman
Old January 8th 04, 02:20 PM
leo

length? Currently i am skiing Rossi Race 9x 1999 year 191 cm. I feel
good on them on a high speed, but definitely they are long for bumps,
powder, short turns. Skied before on 193cm and 200cm.

I am more thinking about VOLKL Supersport 5 Star 168cm or 175cm.
Please advise
Thanks and regards,
Roman

Since you have been on longer skis.. I would buy the 175cm..VOLKL.. have not
skied it but am going to soon. From the Specs on the whole line of VOLKLs
it is the one that fits me and sounds like you best.. advanced to expert..
all mountain performance .."same sidcuts as the 6 Star with a more forgiving
construction" 114-68-99

My only reservation is Marker bindings that they are packaged with.. they
own Marker I understand.. I have always skied Solomon and never a
problem..but Marker is good and been in the business a very long time..they
just do things a bit different than Sol...

leo