Sad news: Bill Johnson arrested

Old February 13th 05, 12:09 PM
Mary Malmros

Default Sad news: Bill Johnson arrested

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hnson_arrested
--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old February 13th 05, 01:37 PM
Ron - NY

looks like his brain injury didn't quite heal all the way ! Too bad ,
nothing worse than a past your prime athlete with issues .
Ron

Old February 13th 05, 02:19 PM
pigo

"Ron - NY" wrote in message
looks like his brain injury didn't quite heal all the way ! Too bad
, nothing worse than a past your prime athlete with issues .
Ron

Why do you think it was his brain injury (not that that won't be his
defense [excuse])? He was drunk. I suspect that behavior is a lot
more common among drunk people than brain damaged ones. If it was his
brain then he should be institutionalized until we can be guaranteed
that he's no longer a danger to society due to his "brain injury".

Old February 13th 05, 02:25 PM
Jeff

Ron - NY wrote:
looks like his brain injury didn't quite heal all the way ! Too bad ,
nothing worse than a past your prime athlete with issues .
Ron

Johnson was stopped in his pickup truck Friday by a Multnomah County
sheriff's deputy and a suburban Troutdale police officer. When the
officers approached, Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal and
taunted them by saying, "You don't have one of these," police said.

Couple things stand out WRT this incident.
1.) Johnson was stopped in *his* pickup truck Friday... [note emphasis]
At least he owned the vehicle in which he was stopped. This is a noted
point of improvement. Previously, he was arrested in somebody else's
vehicle, i.e., grand theft.

2.) Johnson pulled out his 1984 gold medal...
Now that's just odd. Granted I've got no Olympic medals to lug around
but it's hard to imagine myself carrying it every where. Perhaps the
best fleeting moment of glory is one that never happens...

Jeff
Old February 13th 05, 04:41 PM
Mary Malmros

Jeff wrote:

Ron - NY wrote:

[...]

Well, perhaps. And perhaps his odd behavior has to do with what is
euphemistically called "long-term neurological deficit". I can't tell
if Ron was trying to be funny, but yes, from what I've heard Johnson
does indeed have long-term problems because of the head injury. Dunno
what their exact nature is, could be cognitive, motor, behavioral, any
or all of the above.

Old February 14th 05, 03:22 AM
Ron - NY

I think Bob Thompson is delusional and insane. He should be
institutionalized.

No one would know more about brain damage than you Scott .

Old February 14th 05, 03:36 AM
Ron - NY

"Scott Abraham" wrote in message
I also know a lot about assholes, asshole

Now that I believe !!!!

Old February 14th 05, 01:36 PM
nogodforme

What probably happened is he was so drunk, he blacked out and didn't
know what was going on.

That's happened to me a few times. I get hammered on rum and coke,
then argue with the wife and don't even remember it the next day.

I bet the guy doesn't remember any of it.

Old February 15th 05, 03:52 AM
ant

"nogodforme" wrote in message

That's happened to me a few times. I get hammered on rum and coke,
then argue with the wife and don't even remember it the next day.

ah, that's because you are rooning the rum with coke. Put it with dry ginger
ale, it is much nicer.

ant

Old February 15th 05, 06:36 PM
Sue White

In message , ant
writes

"nogodforme" wrote in message

That's happened to me a few times. I get hammered on rum and coke,
then argue with the wife and don't even remember it the next day.

ah, that's because you are rooning the rum with coke. Put it with dry ginger
ale, it is much nicer.

Nuuuh, it take more than that to make rum good to drink.

Get a water melon, big one, okeh? Cut im top off, hollow all out, fill
im back up with bits of pineapple, guava, what fruit you like. Put some
brown sugar, not too much.
Then jus pour in the rum so it fill the cracks, okeh?

You want start with quite strong rum like it come from the still, then
it mix with the fruit. Leave it a bit, maybe all day or overnight.
Then you can drink the rum, or eat the fruit, the alcohol's about the
same after a bit.

--
Sue ]3(p

At the last annual count, Britain had 544 breweries and rising.