Homewood 4-9-11

Old April 12th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Spring skiing '11 (was Homewood 4-9-11)

On Apr 11, 4:32*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 04/11/2011 04:40 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

On 4/10/11 11:23 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

clip

Guess you just have to learn how to handle sierra snow/cement and ski
better.

Perfect spring skiing at Heavenly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_xYQXWZFo
That's not powder skiing, Chai-tea.

I don't see where he claimed it was powder skiing? I agree with you that
3D skiing is at the essence of powder skiing but you apparently are
ignoring current post content in favor of continuing a previous
discussion. Move on...let's have new arguments and blistering repartee.

Especially the "blistering repartee" part.- Hide quoted text -

Ah, yes. When a freak threatens to shoot me and asks for my home
address, and you post that address, you're engaging in an rsa version
of "blistering repartee." When you lie and defame and make up
whoppers, that's rsa blistering repartee.
How about you show up in person and engage in blistering repartee?
Oh, yeah, forgot. That balls thing again.
Old April 12th 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

wrote:

clip

Guess you just have to learn how to handle sierra snow/cement and ski
better.

Perfect spring skiing at Heavenly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_xYQXWZFo

That's not powder skiing, Chai-tea.

I don't see where he claimed it was powder skiing? I agree with you that
3D skiing is at the essence of powder skiing but you apparently are
ignoring current post content in favor of continuing a previous
discussion. Move on...let's have new arguments and blistering repartee.

Look at the title of the video:

"Flatboarding/Line-skiing: powder skiing trees, Dipper line, Heavenly"

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 12th 11, 04:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Apr 11, 7:54*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

* *wrote:

clip

*Guess you just have to learn how to handle sierra snow/cement and ski
*better.

*Perfect spring skiing at Heavenly,

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_xYQXWZFo
That's not powder skiing, Chai-tea.

I don't see where he claimed it was powder skiing? I agree with you that
3D skiing is at the essence of powder skiing but you apparently are
ignoring current post content in favor of continuing a previous
discussion. Move on...let's have new arguments and blistering repartee.

Look at the title of the video:

"Flatboarding/Line-skiing: powder skiing trees, Dipper line, Heavenly"

Excuse me, Wack Job? Are you questioning ANYONE's veracity? Still
waiting for that call from SPD, pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyyy.
Hey, I was just up at Whistler skiing with a couple of the local guys
who showed up.....when you didn't have the nads. I treated them to a
few of your more creative and completely ridiculous excuses for being
such a coward. Kept everyone amused on the lift laughing at you.
Old April 12th 11, 05:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

pigo wrote:
On Apr 11, 1:26 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

I understand, but if it isn't at least knee deep, there is
essentially no chances that you're floating on it.

We're probably splitting hairs here but I can powder ski in about boot
top in the right kind of snow. There might be a bump at the bottom but
still ride the arc and float the majority of the turn. Especially as
speed builds.

With wide enough ski underfoot snow this deep can feel like powder as well.

Old April 12th 11, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Apr 11, 11:32*pm, "NormG" wrote:

With wide enough ski underfoot snow this deep can feel like powder as well.

Well I think we know that's not for me. Primarily because with a "wide
enough ski" 5' of snow would feel the same way. My POV is that from
traditional skis and years and years of skiing and slight variations
in technique.

Old April 12th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

wrote:

clip

Guess you just have to learn how to handle sierra snow/cement and ski
better.

Perfect spring skiing at Heavenly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_xYQXWZFo
That's not powder skiing, Chai-tea.

I don't see where he claimed it was powder skiing? I agree with you that
3D skiing is at the essence of powder skiing but you apparently are
ignoring current post content in favor of continuing a previous
discussion. Move on...let's have new arguments and blistering repartee.

Look at the title of the video:

"Flatboarding/Line-skiing: powder skiing trees, Dipper line, Heavenly"

So you don't see how he "flow" through the snow? Yup, narrow
perception. See him carry poles? That's his "powder day," and his
"powder" definition is, if you cannot make a snowball out of the snow,
it is "powder." And look the tracks he left behind, no clean cut
edges, i.e. the snow doesn't stick together. Yes, that's a "powder
day," so it's "powder skiing."

snowbender

Old April 12th 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Talking about yourself in the third person, now?

And that is not powder skiing. It just isn't.

Old April 12th 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
"NormG" wrote:

pigo wrote:
On Apr 11, 1:26 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

I understand, but if it isn't at least knee deep, there is
essentially no chances that you're floating on it.

We're probably splitting hairs here but I can powder ski in about boot
top in the right kind of snow. There might be a bump at the bottom but
still ride the arc and float the majority of the turn. Especially as
speed builds.

With wide enough ski underfoot snow this deep can feel like powder as well.

I really doubt that...

Old April 13th 11, 12:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Apr 12, 9:49 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

[...]

Whatever you say, I've heard you Whistlerers only know how to ski 6
feet of powder,

"If there is 6 feet of powder tomoorow on Whistler , I can ski like
Norman Kretuz." Who the heck is "Norman Kretuz"?

snowbender

Old April 13th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/13/11 5:17 AM, snowbender wrote:
Who the heck is "Norman Kretuz"?

Norman Kreutz