Ischgl trip report

Old February 15th 04, 06:10 PM
hhh

Default Ischgl trip report

Just returned from a week in Ischgl - superb conditions, had over 50cm snow
during the week - fantastic conditions on and off piste, also plenty of
sun - anyone going to resorts in the Tirol over the next week or so is going
to have a great time. Après in Ischgl is completely nuts

Old February 16th 04, 08:22 AM
Mike Harris

"hhh" wrote in message ...
Just returned from a week in Ischgl - superb conditions, had over 50cm snow
during the week - fantastic conditions on and off piste, also plenty of
sun - anyone going to resorts in the Tirol over the next week or so is going
to have a great time. Après in Ischgl is completely nuts

Hi, any idea on where to stay there?

Mike H
Old February 16th 04, 08:49 AM
cupra

hhh wrote:
Just returned from a week in Ischgl - superb conditions, had over
50cm snow during the week - fantastic conditions on and off piste,
also plenty of=20
sun - anyone going to resorts in the Tirol over the next week or so
is going to have a great time. Apr=E8s in Ischgl is completely nuts

Snow was fantastic in Lech last week - although it was a bit *too* deep =
where I got stuck under an avalanche barrier.... oops...

(last Wednesday in Zurs was fantastic - 30cms of fresh powder *on* =
piste!)

--=20
cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

Old February 16th 04, 12:02 PM
hhh

"Mike Harris" wrote in message

Hi, any idea on where to stay there?

Mike,

If you're happy to pay for a 4* hotel I can thoroughly recommend The
Elisabeth - you virtually fall out of bed onto the lifts and ski right back
to the downstairs bar at the end of the day. As always in Austria, the
quality of the food etc in a 4* hotel is excellent, nice sauna, pool etc -
though the bathrooms need upgrading.

If you have any other places in mind let me know via the forum and I'll
email you and let you know if I've heard of them or know where they are. I
don't think you'll have any problem quality-wise, even with a pension/
guest-house - Ischgl generally caters to well-heeled Germans. Only problem
you might have with an establishment less than 4* (apart from possibly the
location) is that the proprietors are unlikely to speak English. Of course
that's not a problem if you speak German and isn't really a problem anyway
apart from for deciphering the evening menu.

Old February 16th 04, 12:10 PM
hhh

" cupra" wrote in message

(last Wednesday in Zurs was fantastic - 30cms of fresh powder *on* piste!)

Yes, Ischgl was the same Wed - 30cm untracked on-piste powder - great for
those of us who're not particularly good in the really deep off-piste stuff.
I did neglect to mention that Sun/Mon were a bit disappointing as most lifts
were closed due to high winds but that is now just a far distant memory.

Old February 16th 04, 12:25 PM
cupra

hhh wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
=20
(last Wednesday in Zurs was fantastic - 30cms of fresh powder *on*
piste!)=20

=20
Yes, Ischgl was the same Wed - 30cm untracked on-piste powder - great
for those of us who're not particularly good in the really deep
off-piste stuff. I did neglect to mention that Sun/Mon were a bit
disappointing as most lifts were closed due to high winds but that is
now just a far distant memory.=20

Yep - Monday am was white out weather, only 2-3 lifts open. It was so =
bad I got blown over!=20

Old February 16th 04, 04:21 PM
Jorg

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:02:52 -0000, "hhh" wrote:

"Mike Harris" wrote in message

Hi, any idea on where to stay there?

Mike,

If you're happy to pay for a 4* hotel I can thoroughly recommend The
Elisabeth - you virtually fall out of bed onto the lifts and ski right back
to the downstairs bar at the end of the day. As always in Austria, the
quality of the food etc in a 4* hotel is excellent, nice sauna, pool etc -
though the bathrooms need upgrading.

I was in the Aurikel Corso apartments last week, next door to Hotel
Elisabeth. The location is indeed unbelievable..