Snow Summit 4/11/11

Old April 14th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Snow Summit 4/11/11

On Apr 13, 11:16*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
*Next year I buy TurboTax -- sort of a 'hold your nose
and write the check' thing.

I've used TurboTax for a few years now. Since I've retired I don't
have to use anything other than 1040 so you may find differently. But
I do my return online and it lets me do everything up to the point of
submitting before I have to pay. So rather than going down to a store
and buying the box, try it that way. You can at least get a feel for
it.

There is the added bonus that a member of The Regime has used TurboTax
as an excuse for cheating on his taxes. If any of us non elites make a
mistake there should be some leeway for us too............yeah
right.
Old April 15th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/14/11 06:56, pigo wrote:

On Apr 13, 11:16 pm, The Real wrote:
Next year I buy TurboTax -- sort of a 'hold your nose
and write the check' thing.

I've used TurboTax for a few years now. Since I've retired I don't
have to use anything other than 1040 so you may find differently. But
I do my return online and it lets me do everything up to the point of
submitting before I have to pay. So rather than going down to a store
and buying the box, try it that way. You can at least get a feel for
it.

I used to use it until I got ****ed at the way they "rewarded" their
loyal customers and charged significantly more for Schedule C capability.

There is the added bonus that a member of The Regime has used TurboTax
as an excuse for cheating on his taxes. If any of us non elites make a
mistake there should be some leeway for us too............yeah
right.

Whatever works. He could probably just say "Well, gee, I just didn't
want to pay much that year..." and get away with it.

--
Cheers, Bev