lange question

Old September 27th 03, 04:15 AM
dave

Default lange question

I am in the market for new boots and with very narrow feet have been
looking mostly at lange. I am a light but aggressive skier and spend
a lot of time in the new england woods. The 2001 Lange L10 seems to
fit well, but i am not sure if the model is right. skimag.com's boot
review describes a L10 and L10 race. I would like to avoid the race
boot because i think this would be too stiff for the bump and wood
skiing I like. In the shop, they have an L10 race fit and the L10 ACD
(for wider feet). Is the race fit boot their racer or just a low
volume version of the L10? the ski shop dude insists it is not a race
boot. I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with their line.
thanks.
Old September 27th 03, 03:28 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

dave wrote:

I am in the market for new boots and with very narrow feet have been
looking mostly at lange. I am a light but aggressive skier and spend
a lot of time in the new england woods. The 2001 Lange L10 seems to
fit well, but i am not sure if the model is right. skimag.com's boot
review describes a L10 and L10 race. I would like to avoid the race
boot because i think this would be too stiff for the bump and wood
skiing I like. In the shop, they have an L10 race fit and the L10 ACD
(for wider feet). Is the race fit boot their racer or just a low
volume version of the L10? the ski shop dude insists it is not a race
boot. I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with their line.
thanks.

I think the ski shop dude is correct. For some reason, my L10's of that
vintage say "Race" on them but they are not the extra-riveted race
models, as I understand it. Go figure (8).

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old September 29th 03, 02:22 AM
Aaron Daniel

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote in message
dave wrote:

[...]

Tha ski shop dude is correct. To double check pull the liner and look at the
rivets attaching the shell pieces from the inside. If there are 3+ rivets
(including ankle hinges) or immovable bolts you have the stiff race boot. If
it has the ankle hinges and one adjustable or removable nut at the back it
is the "normal" L10 in low volume (or "race") fit.

Aar

Old September 30th 03, 11:18 PM
Pete Grey

He's right. I've got the race-fit, been skiing on it for 2 years now, and
that's exactly what it is.

-pete

"dave" wrote in message
om...
I am in the market for new boots and with very narrow feet have been
looking mostly at lange. I am a light but aggressive skier and spend
a lot of time in the new england woods. The 2001 Lange L10 seems to
fit well, but i am not sure if the model is right. skimag.com's boot
review describes a L10 and L10 race. I would like to avoid the race
boot because i think this would be too stiff for the bump and wood
skiing I like. In the shop, they have an L10 race fit and the L10 ACD
(for wider feet). Is the race fit boot their racer or just a low
volume version of the L10? the ski shop dude insists it is not a race
boot. I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with their line.
thanks.

Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 07:49 PM
Intro and question Ken Campbell Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 06:53 PM
ski travel question moon General 1 January 27th 04 09:25 PM
Noob clothing question.. Calz Snowboarding 5 December 2nd 03 10:08 PM
GS Ski Length Question ENORD Alpine Skiing 4 August 16th 03 06:14 PM