Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

Old October 26th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

downhill wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:43:32 -0400, downhill
wrote this crap:

When I get off the lift I like to get a skating start so I can
pick up speed before I get to the downhill. I don't like walking
around a bunch of snowboarders sitting on their asses.

thanks I figured I would have to setup my pointed bamboo sticks to
beat off the horde you were going to send

You think sharpened sticks would stop them? Have you forgotten that
I helped trained the mightiest army in the history of this planet?
Mountains, rivers, oceans couldn't stop them.

Big deal
My dad was a radio man on a B-17 you were never exposed to the type of
training he went through...

My dad was a radar operator/navigator.

Old October 26th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

snowbender wrote:
No. The basic facts of powder skiing are that occurs in powder snow
and that the powder is deep enough so that your skis don't touch the
base.

If you're missing either one, you're not powder skiing.

Not if you don't know what "powder snow" is. "Cement powder" is
"powder" snow just like any fresh powder. The difference between
sierra cement powder and UT dry powder is that the dry powder would
fly away from the skier and remain in "powder" form when the skier
skis through it, while the cement powder would liquefy and refreeze,
so it loses its "powder" form and sticks on the skis, boots, and the
skier. And you cannot ski through sierra cement with you UT dry powder
skiing techniques without falling in every other turns. Yes, that/
sierra cement powder really tests you "whole" knowledge of "powder
skiing."

Nobody I ski with considers "Cascade concrete" or "sierra cement" to be powder
snow. Powder snow is powder, not mush. On this you are clearly wrong. You just
don't get to redefine the terminalogy of skiing. Quit trying.

Old October 26th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:16 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 25, 4:58 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

Nevertheless, upper mountains of Kirkwood are rated black and double
black.

Lots of things are rated black that aren't very difficult for even an
average skier to traverse...

Yup, that must be in your local mole hills, Kirkwood is a major
resort, they do uphold their high standard that they're famous for.

"Kirkwood" is a "major resort"?

LOL

And you think that a resort being "major" affects how they classify runs?

...so why did you lose your balance multiple times?

Your green MA.

Too late for that one, Chai-Tea. You already admitted to losing your
balance.

Too embarrass to talk about your broken knee in details, eh?

Not all all. My "broken" knee is so good that my orthopedic surgeon has
told me I don't need surgery to repair the AcL.

But you don't want to talk about how you lost your balance and broke
your knee?

You didn't ask about it.

But you don't; light forces or not, they don't change the facts about
powder skiing. A good powder skiing, flows freely, doesn't exert much
forces.

He exerts exactly the same forces as the same skier skiing at the same
speed making the same radius turn on hard snow.

Not really, different snow contents has different reaction to the same
forces, and you were talking about moving up and down (turn phase) in
powder skiing but didn't know our body weight can actually vary from
0G to 1G?

No, really.

A skier of W weight making an X radius turn at Y speed creates precisely
the same force regardless of the snow.

Yup, we have been that block before, save me some typing.

LOL

Yup, "little knowledge."

LOL

LOL

Yup, "little knowledge."

LOL

Yup, LOL is frozen on your face now, Mr. shameless LOL.

LOL

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 26th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

When I get off the lift I like to get a skating start so I can
pick up speed before I get to the downhill. *I don't like walking
around a bunch of snowboarders sitting on their asses.

thanks I figured I would have to setup my pointed bamboo sticks to
beat off the horde you were going to send

You think sharpened sticks would stop them? *Have you forgotten that
I helped trained the mightiest army in the history of this planet?
Mountains, rivers, oceans couldn't stop them.

Big deal
My dad was a radio man on a B-17 you were never exposed to the type of
training he went through...

My dad was a radar operator/navigator.

Well, as long as we're doing "my dad"s, my dad dropped out of high
school in 1942 to join the USMC, and ended up as an ordnanceman and
gunner in PBJ1's (USMC version of B25).
Old October 26th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:13 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

Oops, wrong question wrong answer; nevertheless, it will do, so, the
untracked powder makes the "easiest" skiing in high level skiing?

No. It's far easier to ski groomed or ski-compacted snow.

The stipulation was "beyond the groomers"/high level skiing.

High level skiing happens wherever a high level skier is, Chai-tea.

There was no stipulation.

And that is the problem. When you think others' right techniques are
wrong, you will not learn, and your knowledge will not grow, and
that's why you remain a little knowledge.

LOL

Yup, "little knowledge."

"When the true way is shown,
High level practitioners practice it diligently;
Mid level practitioners give a thought now and then;
Little knowledge laughs, if they don't laugh, it (the true way shown)
is not the true way."

LOL

Given your partitioned nature, maybe is the case; but it is not the
case if you know how to bend your knees [without losing your balance]
to absorb the shocks when you hit the hard base.

LOL

You can't keep your balance traversing a moderately pitched slope, so
that leaves you out.

The "moderately pitched slope" remains your green MA, and/or your
shameless denial; nevertheless, you don't consider your broken knee
leaves you out?

It's a moderately pitched slope, Chai-Tea. Deal with it.

And I'd happily ski that slope and others a lot steeper with my knee as
it is.

I didn't fall while doing a simple traverse.

Old October 26th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:12 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

That's only your little knowledge's imagination/denial; untracked
cement remains as powder snow, as "your skis never contact the hard
base below."

No. The basic facts of powder skiing are that occurs in powder snow and
that the powder is deep enough so that your skis don't touch the base.

If you're missing either one, you're not powder skiing.

Not if you don't know what "powder snow" is. "Cement powder" is

It doesn't matter if you don't know what powder snow is, Chai-Tea. It is
what it is whether you know it or not.

"powder" snow just like any fresh powder. The difference between
sierra cement powder and UT dry powder is that the dry powder would
fly away from the skier and remain in "powder" form when the skier
skis through it, while the cement powder would liquefy and refreeze,
so it loses its "powder" form and sticks on the skis, boots, and the
skier. And you cannot ski through sierra cement with you UT dry powder
skiing techniques without falling in every other turns. Yes, that/
sierra cement powder really tests you "whole" knowledge of "powder
skiing."

Nope. Because it's not powder skiing.

Skiing cement has its own techniques... ...they're just not powder
techniques.

Yup, little knowledge.

LOL

So goes the little knowledge.

That's where your little knowledge fails you. Do you know what makes
"telemark" skiing?

Yes. Do you?

No, you don't.

LOL

Old October 26th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:00:59 -0400, downhill
wrote this crap:

Big deal
My dad was a radio man on a B-17 you were never exposed to the type of
training he went through...

A radio man? And you think he had tough training? We call the
personnell who ride in the flying death traps, "zoomies." They never
miss a meal or their sleep. They never see the enemy or even carry a
weapon. He probably never even shined his boots.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old October 26th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 25, 4:56 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

snowbender wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:34 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

You miss read the "light powder," can't read it straight for praising
words, eh?

He was being kind.

Yup, but it doesn't change the fact that you cannot read straight for
praising words.

You can't read what "being kind" means...

They were your own twisted words, so, it actually makes the proof that
you cannot face the fact other people praise my skiing. You are
slipping back into your shameless denial.

LOL

I've seen the clip. It wasn't powder at all.

I did say that you don't read beyond your skull, right? There's no
clip for that day. Nevertheless, your green MA did fail you miserably
in the past.

"That day". You're getting even more incoherent, C-T.

So, what clip you have seen? Then, how do you know what kind of snow
condition we were in "that day"?

Ah! Now I understand.

There was a clip of "that day", Chai-Tea. I didn't realize what you were
referring to by that day until this latest post.

You were skiing (slowly) through about 10 - 15 inches of snow over
moguls.

It wasn't very impressive.

You must live in a miserable life, sorry for you.

Your sorry enough for yourself, C-T. Be satisfied with that.

Not a least bit, I don't have to lie through my teeth to pretend to be
knowledgeable, but you do, and fail.

LOL

So shameful.

LOL