Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

Old October 26th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

On Oct 26, 4:24*pm, pigo wrote:

That only proves my point. There may have been instances where the
"smear" was needed.

It's not a question of "need" necessarily, it's just a different way
of turning skis inside the snow.
Old October 26th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 26, 6:13*am, DaveM wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:15:07 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
On 10/25/10 8:13 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
one can see that they "smear" their turns
when necessary. I'm pretty certain the new equipment is instrumental
in making this possible.

Ah, I hate to be the one to point it out but "smear" has been around
since forever. Got a picture of Schmidt smearing 20+ years ago on his
skinny K2s pinned to the wall as we post.

Not much new in skiing except the amazing increase in Ad budgets
dedicated to convincing all of us we cannot get near snow unless we
purchase all new equipment.

Here's something to try: find some old (15-20 years) skis, check and
replace the bindings as needed, and see if you can tell why those old
skis were also claimed to be unique and the best thing since fried
clams while spending a few days on them. Then do it again with
different skis. Quit letting marketing departments in conjunction
with magazine editors sell you on their slogans. And note I'm not
saying the new gear isn't in some sense "better," just that the old
gear was just as "better" in its time and there's a lot of fun to be
had while finding out how and why the oldies were great, since the
old gear costs $20 at the garage sale vs $1200 at the boutique.

Come on Ullr - we're waiting out on the coast.

Snow today, and several inches for each of the next few predicted here in the
PNW.

Finally white on the ground at Schweitzer too. Maybe we will have
winter.

Is it too early to put my boots on?

DaveM

That reminds me. I have to fit my old bindings to my "new" boots.
Old October 26th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 26, 7:24*am, pigo wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:18*am, Evojeesus wrote:

On Oct 26, 4:10*am, lal_truckee wrote:

Ah, I hate to be the one to point it out but "smear" has been around
since forever. Got a picture of Schmidt smearing 20+ years ago on his
skinny K2s pinned to the wall as we post.

Maybe, but where are all the skinny & straight waterskis then? Is this
another revolution waiting to happen?

That only proves my point. There may have been instances where the
"smear" was needed. For me it was on that breakable wind crust. 3" or
so on top of 3' of powder that would hold you for 2-15 turns before
dropping you and stopping your feet dead. But now it's just a device
of the wannabe that get's too much speed for his 170's. And of course
a staple of snowboarding.

Not a revolution. Most of these chumps wouldn't know how to do
anything HARD. Let alone devote time and money and effort into
developing a skill that takes time. But that's ok. I don't need them
for anything anymore.

Ugh. That kind of condition (and the eastern version - ice
crust)drives me back to the groomed, or looking for patches where
better skiers have broken up the crust.

Old October 26th 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:43:32 -0400, downhill
wrote this crap:

When I get off the lift I like to get a skating start so I can pick up
speed before I get to the downhill. I don't like walking around a
bunch of snowboarders sitting on their asses.

thanks I figured I would have to setup my pointed bamboo sticks to beat
off the horde you were going to send

You think sharpened sticks would stop them? Have you forgotten that I
helped trained the mightiest army in the history of this planet?
Mountains, rivers, oceans couldn't stop them.

I find that they sit in blind areas right past the crest of a hill,
either I snow them with a stop and curse them out or whack them with
poles as I pass at speed.

That's why I sharpen my ski poles. Jab one in a kidney and watch the
fun. Of course if I'm drunk enough, I'll just puke on them.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old October 26th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Oct 26, 7:24*am, pigo wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:18*am, Evojeesus wrote:

On Oct 26, 4:10*am, lal_truckee wrote:

Ah, I hate to be the one to point it out but "smear" has been around
since forever. Got a picture of Schmidt smearing 20+ years ago on his
skinny K2s pinned to the wall as we post.

Maybe, but where are all the skinny & straight waterskis then? Is this
another revolution waiting to happen?

Not a revolution. Most of these chumps wouldn't know how to do
anything HARD. Let alone devote time and money and effort into
developing a skill that takes time. But that's ok. I don't need them
for anything anymore.

Guess what, dumb****? Nobody needs YOU for anything anymore. Nobody
gives a **** about how you ski. Nobody thinks you are more manly
because you ski Alta.
because everybody knows you are a ppppppuuuuuusssssyyyyy

Old October 26th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 26, 7:15*am, pigo wrote:
On Oct 25, 10:15*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Snow today, and several inches for each of the next few predicted here in the
PNW.

Oh No. Now you've done it!

Are we going to get another ****storm about visiting the PNW from the
blowhard.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
****storm? You mean reminding you of how much of a
ppppppuuuuusssssyyyyy you have been every time you get in the
neighborhood?

From what I hear he seems to think that HE is the PNW and
that anything to do with it also has to do with him.

You really have to stop drinking your breakfast, Tranny Boob. You're
completely deranged.

From the stats I
see that he's still triple the next poster, but by comparison he's
slowed down some. Could he have gotten that contact info. he's been
"looking for"?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
How about YOU provide me with contact info for the RCMP you supposedly
contacted, pppppppuuuuuuussssssyyyyyy?
Holy ****, you're ****ing stupid.
Here's a promise. If I am ever contacted by LE, I will post the
entire conversation. But like you showing up in person and spewing
your ****, that's never going to happen, right?
What a dumb****!!!!

Old October 26th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Oct 26, 10:16*am, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:31:42 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote this crap:

pigo wrote:
On Oct 25, 10:15 pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Snow today, and several inches for each of the next few predicted
here in the PNW.

Oh No. Now you've done it!

Are we going to get another ****storm about visiting the PNW from the
blowhard. From what I hear he seems to think that HE is the PNW and
that anything to do with it also has to do with him. From the stats I
see that he's still triple the next poster, but by comparison he's
slowed down some. Could he have gotten that contact info. he's been
"looking for"?

That's funny. I never see any such posts, unless some idiot quotes him.

They probably limited his computer access in prison

Called you Boozee Boi yesterday. Calling you a Boozee Boi today.
Ain't ME who has been to prison, Bubba's Bitch.
Another pathetic lie from Boozee Boi Horvath. How dickless.
Old October 26th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

When I get off the lift I like to get a skating start so I can pick up
speed before I get to the downhill. *I don't like walking around a
bunch of snowboarders sitting on their asses.

thanks I figured I would have to setup my pointed bamboo sticks to beat
off the horde you were going to send

You think sharpened sticks would stop them? *Have you forgotten that I
helped trained the mightiest army in the history of this planet?
Mountains, rivers, oceans couldn't stop them.

But a lack of manhood sure has stopped you from spewing your crap in
person, Boozee Boi.

I find that they sit in blind areas right past the crest of a hill,
either I snow them with a stop and curse them out or whack them with
poles as I pass at speed.

That's why I sharpen my ski poles. *Jab one in a kidney and watch the
fun. *Of course if I'm drunk enough, I'll just puke on them.

Pretty much every day after 10 a.m., eh, Boozee Boi?
Old October 26th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

When I get off the lift I like to get a skating start so I can pick up
speed before I get to the downhill. *I don't like walking around a
bunch of snowboarders sitting on their asses.

thanks I figured I would have to setup my pointed bamboo sticks to beat
off the horde you were going to send

You think sharpened sticks would stop them? *Have you forgotten that I
helped trained the mightiest army in the history of this planet?
Mountains, rivers, oceans couldn't stop them.

Big deal
My dad was a radio man on a B-17 you were never exposed to the type of
training he went through...

How ashamed he must have been that he raised such a pathetic coward.