Last Day At Mt. Bachelor, Oregon

Old June 2nd 04, 07:24 PM
Chris Stringer

Default Last Day At Mt. Bachelor, Oregon

Monday, Memorial Day, was the last day of operations at Mt. Bachelor
ski area here in Bend, Oregon. I ended up having a day that
exemplified why this is such a great place to live. I rode the
mountain until it closed at 1 and then went skateboarding all
afternoon at my friend's ramp complex. The conditions were actually
great up on the summit. It had snowed over a foot on Friday and
Saturday which had turned to slop on the lower lifts, but the upper
part of the mountain was creamy slush with lots of sick lines still
do-able in the cirque bowl. Not bad for the end of May by any means.

I took some pics to document the day which you can check out he

http://rdcshop.com/memorial_day_04/

Of course now that the mountain is officially closed we move into
prime backcountry season for at least the next 1-2 months. There are
tons of mountains out here and many of them are easily accessible off
the highways. A friend of mine has already done several excursions
and he has a great gallery with some pics he

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/...hp?ppuser=3113

Hope all is well with everyone. Stay cool this summer.

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email:
Web:
http://www.rdcshop.com
Fax: 541.389.4667
Local Phone: 541.389.4667
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI

**Offering FREE shipping on orders over $175 within the US**
Old June 4th 04, 10:03 AM
PJ4LIFE

Wow, that's sick you were hitting some freshies (or somewhat fresh) snow on
Monday! We still had some partying and riding going on up at A-Basin this
week but I've hung it up for the season.. Love the pictures and that
outdoor skatepark is sick looking with the mountains surrounding it! I need
to come pay a Visit to Oregon sometime. Possibly next season as I plan on
doing some traveling since all I've rode is Colorado. Nice!
om...

Old June 7th 04, 12:18 PM
Dean

PJ4LIFE wrote:

I need to come pay a Visit to Oregon sometime. Possibly next season as I plan
on
doing some traveling since all I've rode is Colorado.

Then you missed the snow in Wisconsin this weekend at Snow Fest 2004 if you
haven't been outside of CO :-)

http://www.tyrolbasin.com/events/snow_fest.html

Some of the snow still lives! http://www.tyrolbasin.com/basin/camframeset.html
(But not for long. Summer and 80F arrived over the weekend.)

The middle of the run was about 8'-10' (feet) thick.

Does everyone in CO drive a Subaru? I swear that was the only car I saw when I
was there. There was one car at Tyrol Basin with CO plates, and it was a
Subaru.

Dean

Old June 10th 04, 10:14 AM
PJ4LIFE

WOw, nuts. They sure are dedicated.. Looks like a fun event.. Didn't really
see any pictures from the event on the website. Maybe I'm missing something.
Either way, cool to see people ripping it up in June!

Old June 22nd 04, 12:20 AM
Chris Stringer

If you think Colorado has a lot of Subarus, you should see it out here
in Oregon. I'm proud to say I drive a 2002 Outback.