What to do in Andorra?

Old July 21st 03, 12:27 PM
ToddD

Default What to do in Andorra?

Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited information on
the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to ski, most challenging
slopes, places to eat, places to party, sightseeing, tips and tricks, etc.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

Old July 21st 03, 01:34 PM
MoonMan

In , ToddD typed:
Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited
information on the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to
ski, most challenging slopes, places to eat, places to party,
sightseeing, tips and tricks, etc. Thanks in advance,
Todd

answer to subject : Drink!

Where in andorra are you going?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 22nd 03, 12:07 AM
John Owens

"ToddD" wrote in message
Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited information

on
the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to ski, most

challenging
slopes, places to eat, places to party, sightseeing, tips and tricks,

etc.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

There are at least 3 web sites devoted to andorra and skiing. One runs a
forum where most of your questions should get answered. I don't have access
to them now. I know that one goes under the name andorramania.

I only really know Soldeu.
Arinsal has a fairly proactive e-letter.

Sightseeing isn't an activity I would expect you to spend much time on !!

Try Caldea the spa. Sitting in the outside jacuzzi watching the sun set is
just great.

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Old July 22nd 03, 08:03 AM
Ian Wilson

I went to Pas De Las Casa last year and alghough the snow was good I found
the resort to be a bit of a dump (but plenty of places to drink!). I've
heard good reports about Soldeu although it is lower and so not so snow
sure.

try the Ski Club of Great Britain website at www.skiclub.co.uk and check the
resorts section; it gives reports about the resort in general, snow record
etc.. (i'm not a member so this isn't a plug!)

Ian

Old July 22nd 03, 10:14 AM
ToddD

in article , MoonMan at
wrote on 7/21/03 9:34 AM:

In , ToddD typed:
Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited
information on the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to
ski, most challenging slopes, places to eat, places to party,
sightseeing, tips and tricks, etc. Thanks in advance,
Todd

answer to subject : Drink!

Where in andorra are you going?

Staying a the Hotel Ski Plaza in Canillo. Anybody know about that place?
Primary interest is in skiing. Then partying and shopping. Found a web
site that said the shopping is about 10k away. Skiing is right there, but
willing to travel to get to better slopes if anybody knows about that.

Old July 22nd 03, 12:05 PM
Alun Evans

On Tue 22 Jul '03 at 11:14 ToddD wrote:

in article , MoonMan at
wrote on 7/21/03 9:34 AM:

In , ToddD typed:
Going to be in Andorra next March. I can only find limited
information on the web. Can anybody provide information? Where to
ski, most challenging slopes, places to eat, places to party,
sightseeing, tips and tricks, etc. Thanks in advance,
Todd

answer to subject : Drink!

Where in andorra are you going?

Staying a the Hotel Ski Plaza in Canillo. Anybody know about that place?
Primary interest is in skiing. Then partying and shopping. Found a web
site that said the shopping is about 10k away. Skiing is right there, but
willing to travel to get to better slopes if anybody knows about that.

Well then you'll be skiing in the Soldeu, El Tarter & Canillo area.

http://www.soldeu.ad/ (there is a funky Flash piste map)

I've only ever stayed in Soldeu, which is good for, erm, well drinking in bars
and clubs. There is the spa thingy, or a trip to Andorra la Vella for
shopping, but there's not much else to do.

In the Canillo resort the black run 45. Gaig is pretty good - I think my
instructor said it was once a FIS Woman's Giant Slalom, though I'm sure I'll
be corrected.

From personal experience the Canillo and far left section of Soldeu (40, 43,
44) tend to be the quietest, especially come the weekend. - Avoid the El
Tarter mid station, otherwise you'll be in a queue for ages.

Note that you can physically ski into the Pas de la Casa / Grau Roig area,
http://www.pasgrau.com/ (go to the bottom of 44. Riu du Cubil), but you'll
need to make sure you've got a ski pass in advance, as your Soldeu one wont
cover it.

enjoy.

Alun.
Old July 24th 03, 04:48 PM
Rodger Williams

We went to Ordino in Jan, and it was great. Just needed your own vehicle
though as the public transport is very limited. I believe Arinsal in La
Massana is th ebest party spot and more English people frequent it, whilst
Ordino where we were is where all the locals go skiing. Have you had a look
at www.andorra.ad?

Enjoy it, it is an awesome place.

Cheers

Rodger