Enjoyable day.

Old July 14th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Enjoyable day.

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

OTOH, you don't have to pay sales tax on stuff you steal.

But you do have to pay income tax on the value of the things you steal.

Did the victim issue you a 1099?

But, of course. To not do so would be *dishonest*.

The only alternative is to do a W2, but for some reason they really
push back about paying their share of FICA. Cheap *******s.

I don't think a casual thief could be considered a W2 employee unless he
repeated the theft on a more or less regular basis under the direction
of the employer,

Good point. The last thing I'd want is somebody telling me what I can
steal from them and when I have to steal it. Might as well get a job if
I'm going to be micromanaged like that.

//Walt
Old July 15th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_6_]

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

OTOH, you don't have to pay sales tax on stuff you steal.

But you do have to pay income tax on the value of the things you steal.

Did the victim issue you a 1099?

But, of course. To not do so would be *dishonest*.

The only alternative is to do a W2, but for some reason they really
push back about paying their share of FICA. Cheap *******s.

I don't think a casual thief could be considered a W2 employee unless he
repeated the theft on a more or less regular basis under the direction
of the employer,

Good point. The last thing I'd want is somebody telling me what I can
steal from them and when I have to steal it. Might as well get a job if
I'm going to be micromanaged like that.

Not to mention the overtime. The rules are different for different states.
Does planning the heist count as on-the-clock time? Is there some sort of
on-call factor? What about dealing with the fence? Does he work on commission
or is he also an employee? Of whom? If the thief's employer employs the thief
to steal from him, then surely he must also employ the fence to, um, fence the
booty.

This is getting complicated.

--
Cheers, Bev
It's 95% of the lawyers making the other 5% look bad.
Old July 15th 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

OTOH, you don't have to pay sales tax on stuff you steal.

But you do have to pay income tax on the value of the things you
steal.

Did the victim issue you a 1099?

But, of course. To not do so would be *dishonest*.

The only alternative is to do a W2, but for some reason they really
push back about paying their share of FICA. Cheap *******s.

I don't think a casual thief could be considered a W2 employee unless
he repeated the theft on a more or less regular basis under the
direction of the employer,

Good point. The last thing I'd want is somebody telling me what I can
steal from them and when I have to steal it. Might as well get a job
if I'm going to be micromanaged like that.

Not to mention the overtime.

Overtime is pretty straightforward. You just steal 50% more stuff, or
twice as much if it's a Sunday. No problemo.

The hard part is managing sick days. "Sorry, but I'm not feeling well
enough to come steal from you today, can you bring your plasma screen
TV and your jewelery over to my house this afternoon?" It's amazing how
uncooperative they can be - unsympathetic too, what with me being under
the weather and all. Some people just have no sense of common decency.

//Walt
Old July 15th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:45:25 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

Overtime is pretty straightforward. You just steal 50% more stuff, or
twice as much if it's a Sunday. No problemo.

The hard part is managing sick days. "Sorry, but I'm not feeling well
enough to come steal from you today, can you bring your plasma screen
TV and your jewelery over to my house this afternoon?" It's amazing how
uncooperative they can be - unsympathetic too, what with me being under
the weather and all. Some people just have no sense of common decency.

Speaking of common decency, it's absolutely wrong to steal. There is
no honor in sneaking into someone's house and taking his hard earned
goods.

The way of the warrior is looting, pillaging and plundering. When
treasure is acquired during acts of war or terror it is perfectly
acceptable and expected that you keep it. To leave treasure behind to
the scavengers who follow would be dishonorable.

And it's wrong to keep all the treasure to yourself. All the loot
should be shared amongst the warriors, and a portion set aside for
distribution among the poor. (Preferably a dollar at a time while
sitting at the tip rail.)

And vote for Palin-Ahhnold in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old July 15th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

[...]

Have I got your 'merkan tax laws right, if it's money coming in it's
taxable, weather you've earnt it or not?
over here the putative "tax" rate for illegal income is 100% or more, you
have to prove you earnt it legally otherwise it can be confiscated, though
apparently Customs and revenue are quite happy to accept tax payments from
illegal earnings as well.

--

Chris *:-)

Old July 15th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

MoonMan wrote:
Have I got your 'merkan tax laws right, if it's money coming in it's
taxable, weather you've earnt it or not?

Sort of. Almost all income is subject to income tax, regardless of how
you came about the money.

However, if you work for the money, it's subject to an additional tax of
about 15%. So somebody who sits by the pool all day drinking pina
coladas waiting for their royalty checks to arrive pays something like
28% tax, while another person with the same income from, say, shoveling
hore**** pays 28% plus 15% for a total of 43%.

This has popular support because millions of Americans have the curious
notion that one day they'll be the one sitting by the pool instead of
shoveling ****. Likewise, the tax on inheritance was greatly scaled
back due to millions of Americans thinking that they have a heretofore
unknown rich uncle who will die and make them rich. Never underestimate
the gullibility of Americans - ever see our infomercials?

So, yes all income is taxable, but depending on what you mean by
"earned" it's taxed at a different rate.

over here the putative "tax" rate for illegal income is 100% or more, you
have to prove you earnt it legally otherwise it can be confiscated, though
apparently Customs and revenue are quite happy to accept tax payments from
illegal earnings as well.

There are separate laws to confiscate illegally gained income. It's not
done through the tax code.

//Walt
Old July 15th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:03:19 +0100, "MoonMan"
wrote this crap:

Have I got your 'merkan tax laws right, if it's money coming in it's
taxable, weather you've earnt it or not?
over here the putative "tax" rate for illegal income is 100% or more, you
have to prove you earnt it legally otherwise it can be confiscated, though
apparently Customs and revenue are quite happy to accept tax payments from
illegal earnings as well.

It's a good thing that income earned from looting, pillaging and
plundering is legal.

Old July 16th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

wrote this crap:

Have I got your 'merkan tax laws right, if it's money coming in it's
taxable, weather you've earnt it or not?
over here the putative "tax" rate for illegal income is 100% or more, you
have to prove you earnt it legally otherwise it can be confiscated, though
apparently Customs and revenue are quite happy to accept tax payments from
illegal earnings as well.

It's a good thing that income earned from looting, pillaging and
plundering is legal.

Just be sure to report it on your Schedule C. Or you and your hordes
could always form an S-corporation. Then you could write off all that
mead as a business expense.

//Walt
Old July 16th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:46:44 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

It's a good thing that income earned from looting, pillaging and
plundering is legal.

Just be sure to report it on your Schedule C. Or you and your hordes
could always form an S-corporation. Then you could write off all that
mead as a business expense.

//Walt

Tell that to your hooligan soccer teams. They will BURN YOUR VILLAGE
TO THE GROUND!

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012.

Old July 17th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

wrote this crap:

Have I got your 'merkan tax laws right, if it's money coming in it's
taxable, weather you've earnt it or not?
over here the putative "tax" rate for illegal income is 100% or more, you
have to prove you earnt it legally otherwise it can be confiscated, though
apparently Customs and revenue are quite happy to accept tax payments from
illegal earnings as well.

It's a good thing that income earned from looting, pillaging and
plundering is legal.

Just be sure to report it on your Schedule C. Or you and your hordes
could always form an S-corporation. Then you could write off all that
mead as a business expense.

//Walt

Mighty Hungarian Warriors don't bother with that paperwork. You wipe
your ass with schedule C.

Now that's leadership, dumbass.

And vote for Palin-Ahhnold in 2012, dumbass.