Making lines

Old May 14th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Making lines

On May 13, 5:22*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 13, 3:35*pm, pigo wrote:

On May 12, 10:25*am, Richard Henry wrote:

On May 12, 9:14*am, Walt wrote:

BUT, the ARMs were used, abused, twisted, folded, spindled, and
mutilated into the mess we have now. *Yeah, the borrowers should
shoulder a lot of the blame, but it takes two to tango: Mortgage brokers
gave loans without regard to whether the borrower could pay; they didn't
care since they sold the loans immediately. *Investors bought these bad
loans, pretended like they were

It is interesting to note that the mortgages were allowed to fail all
over the country until some big Wall Street firms started having
trouble because of their sub-prime investments. *Suddenly we heard
calls from Washington to save the homeowners.

Replying to both:

Here's my problem with it. Instead of an ARM I got a standard loan.
Because I could and because I didn't want the volatility. Like Walt
says, I could have and had lower payments all these years but had I
missed the refinancing opportunity when it was right I could be
screwed.

But some people went out and got too much house and or were just
ignorant of the big picture and now are in trouble after 5 years (?)
of payments 1/2 of mine and they are going to get bailed out??????
What about me. I am still able to afford my house!!!! I did the
responsible thing from the start!!!!!! Where's my money that I paid in
higher payments this whole time?????? My bet is that many of the
bailed out will have Escalades with the 22" rims, cell phones, giant
plasma tv's, travel, all that ****, and keep it if not get more
because their scam worked!!!!

IT'S BULL****

Jealous?- Hide quoted text -

If you think it's jealousy for me to be ****ed of for being hosed for
doing the right thing, then yeah I guess so.
Old May 14th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On May 6, 10:39*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
Do you mean GAPER here, or are you talking about people whose clothing
is too small?

Gapper is referring to those who have a "gap" in their perception,
thinking, and actions; we have a lengthy discuusion on RSA and
determined that "gapper" is the proper spelling for the word.

IS

Your memory must be going there Itchy.

From our conversation last season:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...1d0ed5ce2e30ea

snoig:
Now as
someone who claims to be an instructor, I find your teaching methods
somewhat curious. You are trying to convince us that your skiing style
is innovative but when people who obviously have some knowledge of
skiing question you ridicule them and call them gapers.

IS:
A gaper is those who think that they are knowledgeable, but don't know
that they have a huge "gap" in their knowledge and reality. I only
pointed out the matter of fact. I didn't ridicule them; it's the
gaper's own little knowledge did that to them.

snoig:
No, actually a gaper is someone, usually from places that don't have
mountains who are awed by the spectacular vistas of our mountain
community and tend to stare at things with their jaws 'agape'. Gapers
can frequently be spotted by their eyes not looking in the direction
they are skiing/snowboarding/driving/biking etc. Texas plates are also
usually a giveaway. Hence, the pronunciation with the long a, not a
short a as would be suggested if the word was derived from 'gap' and
not 'gape'.

IS:
Maybe you're right, the meaning of the term "gaper" I learned is from
some internet ski forums.

Wow!!! Itchy actually admitting that somebody else may be right!

All you need to do is Google the terms 'gaper' vs 'gapper'. There are
lots of correct hits for 'gaper' including some good image results.
The ony Google hit for 'gapper' is urbandictionary.com and was
apparently added by someone from the Lake Tahoe region. Go figure.
Old May 14th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

snoig wrote:

All you need to do is Google the terms 'gaper' vs 'gapper'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gapper

Gapper may refer to:

* Gapper, a DOS-based computer game.

* Agkistrodon piscivorus, a.k.a. the cottonmouth,
a venomous pit viper found in North America.[1]

I think he's trying to say that we're a bunch of snakes. Or we're just
a DOS-based computer game. Or something.

//Walt
Old May 21st 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 6, 5:23 am, Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Tai Chai, the fact that no one's pegged you for a troll yet doesn't mean
they won't! Sometimes your broken English gets temporarily sticky-taped
together and very erudite before it reverts.

As long as you are in denial, or perceive it in your narrow-minded
English, the beauty and erudition of Taichi Skiing remain beyond your
reaches.

You know, I had him pegged as troll at first. Then I saw a couple of
people actually Tai Chi skiing in person - it wasn't him, but there are
others who practice the discipline, believe it or not. It was at Alta,
and IIRC the day after we skied together. The same trip, anyway.

While you gappers are gapping, the rest of the world started to
catching on,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JupuDmuGzLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGT0l-kMbE&NR=1

IS

//Walt

Old May 21st 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On May 21, 11:07 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On May 6, 5:23 am, Walt wrote:

ant wrote:
[...]

How do those videos prove "the rest of the world" is catching on ?

It shows yet more over-hyped garbage. By you. And a friend of
yours. So you can wave your arms for 40 vertical feet down a slope.
You want a trophy or something ?
Old May 21st 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote:

On May 6, 5:23 am, Walt wrote:

ant wrote:
[...]

From Utah to BC? Yah, they are parts of "the rest of the world" from
"here."

It shows yet more over-hyped garbage. By you. And a friend of
yours. So you can wave your arms for 40 vertical feet down a slope.
You want a trophy or something ?

No, I don't know those people, and I'm as surprised as you are. Though
they can use some pointers for how to apply the Taichi techniques to
skiing, nevertheless, their movements quite authentic Taichi, so,
Taichi Skiing it is.

'later,
IS

Ps. Actually, the above post was one of the posts that bumped given
the same posting condition. So as this point, I have no idea which of
my posts would be posted. So, don't be disappointed if you don't see
my reply. Google has to fix their bugs first.

blue lines Bucky Alpine Skiing 2 February 13th 06 10:01 AM
Are President's Day crowds and lift lines bad? Eric Snowboarding 1 February 18th 05 06:04 PM
From the front lines - High School Ski Camp - 2004 Marsh Jones Nordic Skiing 0 December 30th 04 02:02 AM
So how wet is whistler snow and how bad are the lift lines? is it quantity over quality? kevin Alpine Skiing 43 September 4th 04 04:53 AM
X-mas and Lift Lines George Evans Alpine Skiing 11 July 29th 04 06:58 AM