Nordic Inline Skates - new post

Old June 1st 04, 04:50 AM
Serge

Default Nordic Inline Skates - new post

I don't think those are Nordic Skates tough. Eagle website is defunct
now, but I vaguely remember that Nordic Skates had skating boot bolted
to the frame - no pivot. And that's what makes them skates, not skis.

The pic shows something like racing rollerskis, but if they are
shorter than 530mm between axles they would not qualify officially.
They are skis nevertheless.

Ken, that 4-wheel design makes skis roll way to easy and that is exactly
what should be avoided, unless, of course, you are racing.

As far as hight of skates, I can tell you, it does nothing.
I've been on experimental inline frames 4x100mm and 4.5"(!) off the ground,
since last year and did not notice any difference in balance on skis.

What really makes balance exercise on rollerskis is hard, sharp - pointed
100mm wheels.
Old June 1st 04, 10:22 PM
Ken Roberts

Serge wrote
that 4-wheel design makes skis roll way too easy
and that is exactly what should be avoided,
unless, of course, you are racing.

When I want them to roll slower, I use the well-designed speed reducer
that's on my Jenex V2-6400 (or is it V2-6600?) rollerskis.

I've heard that the wheels on the model I bought are slower than some of the
older Jenex versions.

I think if I wanted to I could replace some or all of the wheels on that
rollerski with slow 80mm inline-skate wheels -- such as the rubber K2
Continental wheels that I've used sometimes to deal with wet pavement.

Sharon and two other newbie inline-skaters I know have been pretty happy
using the K2 Continental rubber wheels even on dry pavement -- just so they
can go slower.

Ken