plans for the season

Old November 4th 16, 03:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_5_]

Default plans for the season

Greetings all, plans for the upcoming season? I have made tentative plans
for Jackson, Alta and perhaps Mammoth.

Looking forward to a ton of snow.

Old November 4th 16, 04:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/04/2016 08:32 AM, Dick G wrote:
Greetings all, plans for the upcoming season? I have made tentative plans
for Jackson, Alta and perhaps Mammoth.

Looking forward to a ton of snow.

A week in March in Brian Head and once-a-week local skiing at Big Bear,
assuming there's snow. They say they're opening Nov 18, but it's just
bare dirt right now.

http://www.bigbearmountainresort.com...-info/web-cams

--
Cheers, Bev
Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.
Old November 4th 16, 07:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

On 04/11/2016 17:54, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/04/2016 08:32 AM, Dick G wrote:
Greetings all, plans for the upcoming season? I have made tentative plans
for Jackson, Alta and perhaps Mammoth.

Looking forward to a ton of snow.

A week in March in Brian Head and once-a-week local skiing at Big Bear,
assuming there's snow. They say they're opening Nov 18, but it's just
bare dirt right now.

We're off to the 3V again, a big family party, 6 children from a few
months old to 7 and 8 adults (FSVO adult).

Snow is forecast for this weekend and freezing level dropping below 500m.

Old November 4th 16, 09:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/04/2016 12:25 PM, BrritSki wrote:
On 04/11/2016 17:54, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/04/2016 08:32 AM, Dick G wrote:
Greetings all, plans for the upcoming season? I have made tentative plans
for Jackson, Alta and perhaps Mammoth.

Looking forward to a ton of snow.

A week in March in Brian Head and once-a-week local skiing at Big Bear,
assuming there's snow. They say they're opening Nov 18, but it's just
bare dirt right now.

We're off to the 3V again, a big family party, 6 children from a few
months old to 7 and 8 adults (FSVO adult).

I understand that in lieu of paid child care it's still legal to wedge
them behind a piano in some countries...

Snow is forecast for this weekend and freezing level dropping below 500m.

sob

The drought continues. We're only allowed to water one day a week now
(Saturday), except for hand-watering. I have to wonder what that does
to the City's pipes. Big Bear can suck as much water to make snow as it
needs from the lake (some years it's ALL man-made snow), but the cost of
the electricity to do it matters quite a bit.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority."
Old November 4th 16, 09:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 2:07:54 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

One of my new neighbors is a guy about my age who was talking up skiing the other day when he saw my boots through the open door of our storage room right next to his parking spot. I showed him the old ski gear I had stored in there and we swapped skiing no-**** stories. And he has a Hummer.

in re water - the local cities turned their public fountains back on last month.