Is June Mt. Dead?

Old June 28th 12, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Is June Mt. Dead?

On Jun 28, 6:52*am, pigo wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:22:03 AM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:
The cheapest accommodations in the Mammoth/June areaa *\re at teh
Econolodge in ML. *I have stayed there comfortabley many times.
However, this trip may end up just being two nights and a day on the
road, sleeping asnecessary.

My last trip to Mammoth we just met some girls at the bar and "stayed" with them.

Cots and those foldy pads from Costco make those impromtu sleeping locations a little easier to deal with these days. But so does my RV!

I built a removable platform big enough for a sleeping bag and pad
that just fits in my pickup bed. It is more comfortable than the
bench seat in the back of the family minivan. I usually have it in
the truck all winter, with chains and a shovel stowed underneath,
leaving room for ski gear in the rest of the bed. Right now it is
leaning up against the garage because I took it out when I helped my
son move a couple of weeks ago.
Old June 28th 12, 03:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 6/27/12 9:22 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
Come to think of it, I was ****ed when the secretary booked me into a
fancier motel FURTHER from the office I was visiting;

I always had that problem. Secretaries must have kickback deals at
pricier hotels, because they were always trying to "upgrade" me from the
places I select. At least I hope they got kickbacks - they were underpaid.

Old June 28th 12, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 2012-06-28 05:41:01 +0000, Richard Henry said:

and I will probably sleep at least one night in the back of
my pickup, traveling at night to avoid the daytime desert heat.

It is not that hot up 395, I would just try to hit Mojave early AM, and
the worse is over by Big Pine..

Motorcycle in July or August is miserable. Drink humongous amounts of
water at every gas stop (GoldWing needed gas every 100 miles or so), but
no need to pee because it all goes in instantly-evaporating sweat.
Rejoice in the 20-degree temperature drop when riding past the alfalfa
fields.

I love the desert.

I think I rather drive in heat, than drive up 395 at night.

Death Valley in the summer, well that is different. It is to me
equivalent of driving to the arctic in the winter, given it can be as
life threatening.

Another of my favorite places, but not in summer.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Old June 28th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/28/2012 06:10 AM, pigo wrote:

But I'd rather play expensive golf
and stay cheap than the other way around. These days cheap can =
bedbugs. Best not to go too cheap.

I thought bedbugs had invaded even expensive hotels.

Old June 28th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Latest development -

The "owner" (presumably MMSA or its corporate master Starwood) has put
the Rodeo Grounds lot up for sale.

http://remax-mammoth.com/property-se...isted% 20DESC

Old June 28th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:29:59 AM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
On 06/28/2012 06:10 AM, pigo wrote:

But I'd rather play expensive golf
and stay cheap than the other way around. These days cheap can =
bedbugs. Best not to go too cheap.

I thought bedbugs had invaded even expensive hotels.

I think so too. But not as many and an effort is (hopefully) being made to correct it when found. A credible, nationally known, hotel or chain would have alot to lose were it to be known for bedbugs. Same could be said for the cheaper ones but the people that stay in those don't have a choice.
Old June 28th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Latest development: two and a half years after he bragged about lying to SPD and predicted that his stalking would end up with me being investigated, arrested, and convicted of writing "Emergency Soccer Game", nothing has happened and Dickless Henry still has not provided the contact info for the SPD officer who deserves a commendation for blowing him off with a FORM EMAIL!!!!!
And I'm still laughing at Henry. Always will be. Latest development: more humiliation for this psychopathic stalking piece of **** coward.

Old June 28th 12, 07:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:19:02 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

BTW, somebody ask Trunky what it's like to sleep behind bars.

Damned if I know, Huggies. What is it like to sleep in diapers,
especially after you dream of me finding you and you foul
yourself? Do you change yourself or do you have your momma do it?

I don't know. Unlike you, I don't sleep with my momma.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 28th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:01:43 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:41:01 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jun 27, 7:35*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 6/27/12 4:17 PM, wrote:

I've slept in a van many times WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE.

I'm so sorry, Mr. Horvath. You must have missed out on your Kerouac
years. You didn't live in a van for most of the 60&70? Not in North
Africa? Not even in Spain? And not even zipping back and forth across
America?

I real pity. So much valuable experience lost.

I am planning to attend the June Lake community meeting on July 10
about the June Mt. closing (remember the original topic of this
thread?) and I will probably sleep at least one night in the back of
my pickup, traveling at night to avoid the daytime desert heat.

Hey, how about you, Wack Job Waldron, Brain Fried Thompson,
Mad Dog Baker, and anybody else who has ever lied to SPD
about me (or claimed to have lied, or threatened to lie) have a
community meeting in Seattle? I'm sure your cop buddies will attend:
after all, you claimed to be closely working with them to get me
imprisoned for the rest of my life. Before you admitted you
got blown off with a FORM EMAIL, of course.

So Richard, you are going to travel at night to avoid the daytime
heat? That means you will have to sleep during the day. It makes
more sense to travel during the day with the air conditioning on and
sleep during the cool nights.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 28th 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On 6/27/12 4:17 PM, wrote:

[...]

I am going to be in the nice cool mountains during the day.