Hushovd

Old July 11th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Default Hushovd

So is Thor Hushovd a Norwegian hero of the same ranking as Ulvang, Daehlie,
Aalsgard ??

Nice win for him in the sprint today at the TDFrance !

JKal.

Old July 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jul 11, 11:03 am, "32 degrees"
wrote:
So is Thor Hushovd a Norwegian hero of the same ranking as Ulvang, Daehlie,
Aalsgard ??

Nice win for him in the sprint today at the TDFrance !

JKal.

Gee, thanks, now I don't have to watch the coverage tonight. Spoiler
right in the subject line

Old July 13th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

32 degrees wrote:
So is Thor Hushovd a Norwegian hero of the same ranking as Ulvang, Daehlie,
Aalsgard ??

No, not at all.

He's a "good guy", but every single pro cyclist has the shadow of doping
hanging over all of their good results. :-(

Nice win for him in the sprint today at the TDFrance !

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

(Currently sailing along the SW coast of Sweden, running with my son
nearly every afternoon. This was after a week with 6 orienteering
competitions in Sørlandsgaloppen, where I managed to win 2 of the
stages, and still got beaten overall by a friend and co-worker who only
won one stage. :-))

Terje

--
-
Old July 13th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

In article ,
Terje Mathisen wrote:
He's a "good guy", but every single pro cyclist has the shadow of doping
hanging over all of their good results. :-(

??? And the skiers don't?

Old July 13th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Terje Mathisen wrote:
He's a "good guy", but every single pro cyclist has the shadow of doping
hanging over all of their good results. :-(

??? And the skiers don't?

In Norway? No, they do not.

First of all, the stigmata of being caught as a cheater here is so bad
they would loose absolutely all commercial value.

Secondly, we know that our anti-doping hunters stalk our top athletes
pretty closely year-round, i.e. Marit Bjørgen had something like 30-50
unannounced (i.e. during spring/summer/fall training) tests in a single
year.

It would be _very_ hard to fit any kind of doping regimen in between all
those surprise tests.

Finally, afair, there's never been a single positive (A or B sample)
test in any of the sports we care about.

Terje

--
-
Old July 13th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

No Hushovd he
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...oton20070711cx

--
JT
****************************
Old July 16th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jul 13, 9:22 pm, Terje Mathisen
wrote:

It would be _very_ hard to fit any kind of doping regimen in between all
those surprise tests.

Personally I don't care about this doping thing anymore. I have way
too much personal experiences, so I have my own opinion, but that's
not the point anyway.
This what you wrote Terje, can also be "excuse" for most of guys in
road cycling. Including those who admitted doping usage lately, or who
got caught. Someone like Erik Zabel probably had just as much if not
more doping tests as Marit for example, and he was always clean
And just short story. Few years back on Giro, Italian police had one
of their raids, and they found some weird stuff with one cyclists,
where doctors responsible for anti-doping didn't have any idea what
are they looking at. This might give a bit different point of view to
"you can't fit it between those surprise tests"
PS: And no I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything bad
Take care, Primoz