Holiday Greetings

Old December 24th 04, 12:38 AM
Richard Henry

Default Holiday Greetings

No matter what holiday you're celebrating (Christmas, Festivus, Hanukah,
Kwanzaa, Saturnalia, Solstice (in alphabetical order)) I wish you all the
happiest season.

And deep, light snow that starts right at the bottom of the lifts.

And thanksto TexasSkiNut for the freephotoserver clue. I have uploaded a
recent holiday party picture. I am the good-looking one at this table (but
not the oldest, so I didn't win the centerpiece).

http://www.freephotoserver.com/view....5_24346774.jpg

Old December 24th 04, 01:26 AM
pigo

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
No matter what holiday you're celebrating (Christmas, Festivus, Hanukah,
Kwanzaa, Saturnalia, Solstice (in alphabetical order)) I wish you all the
happiest season.

And deep, light snow that starts right at the bottom of the lifts.

And thanksto TexasSkiNut for the freephotoserver clue. I have uploaded a
recent holiday party picture. I am the good-looking one at this table
(but
not the oldest, so I didn't win the centerpiece).

http://www.freephotoserver.com/view....5_24346774.jpg

You haven't aged a day since I saw you last.

Old December 24th 04, 02:07 AM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

No matter what holiday you're celebrating (Christmas, Festivus, Hanukah,
Kwanzaa, Saturnalia, Solstice (in alphabetical order)) I wish you all the
happiest season.

They just don't celebrate Saturnalia the way they used to...

And deep, light snow that starts right at the bottom of the lifts.

And thanksto TexasSkiNut for the freephotoserver clue. I have uploaded a
recent holiday party picture. I am the good-looking one at this table (but
not the oldest, so I didn't win the centerpiece).

http://www.freephotoserver.com/view....5_24346774.jpg

Boy, what a surly bunch!

I wish I'd known about Festivus sooner. There really isn't enough time
left to plan the ceremonial meal, much less to make a list of the
Grievances to Air. Something that important should NOT be done
extempore, so I guess I'll just have to wait until next year.

A ski pole might do, what do you think?

--
Cheers, Bev
"I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the
Old December 24th 04, 02:35 AM
Dick Gozinya

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:38:32 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

No matter what holiday you're celebrating (Christmas, Festivus, Hanukah,
Kwanzaa, Saturnalia, Solstice (in alphabetical order)) I wish you all the
happiest season.

And deep, light snow that starts right at the bottom of the lifts.

And thanksto TexasSkiNut for the freephotoserver clue. I have uploaded a
recent holiday party picture. I am the good-looking one at this table (but
not the oldest, so I didn't win the centerpiece).

http://www.freephotoserver.com/view....5_24346774.jpg

What no beer????

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." -Arnold Schwarzenegger, during the California recall campaign
Old December 24th 04, 04:29 AM
Richard Henry

"Olaf Timandahaff" wrote in message
news
, The Real Bev dropped this bomb:

Richard Henry wrote:

No matter what holiday you're celebrating (Christmas, Festivus,

Hanukah,
Kwanzaa, Saturnalia, Solstice (in alphabetical order)) I wish you all

the
happiest season.

They just don't celebrate Saturnalia the way they used to...

And deep, light snow that starts right at the bottom of the lifts.

And thanksto TexasSkiNut for the freephotoserver clue. I have uploaded

recent holiday party picture. I am the good-looking one at this table

(but
not the oldest, so I didn't win the centerpiece).

http://www.freephotoserver.com/view....5_24346774.jpg

Boy, what a surly bunch!

They are a /hard/ looking crew, no question about that. I don't know what
our fugitive looks like, but if I were Spock, I wouldn't want to
"anywhere, anytime" with any of that parcel of n'er do-wells.
I bet Richard is that big dude with the hair swept back and a beard,
giving the camera that escapee/fugitive look. I bet he'd jump on a plane,
race Galo0t, collect his grand and be home in time to post pictures.

I'm not saying. I was looking for words to summarize this group, and I
realized these are the people that have the worst attitiude because they
could all be working somewhere else next week. Probably for more money.

I wish I'd known about Festivus sooner. There really isn't enough time
left to plan the ceremonial meal, much less to make a list of the
Grievances to Air. Something that important should NOT be done
extempore, so I guess I'll just have to wait until next year.

A ski pole might do, what do you think?

Perfect, more than I got done.

Aluminum's ok, but no graphite or bamboo.

Old December 24th 04, 05:04 AM
Richard Henry

Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

I don't know - there are a lot of Volvos and sensible compacts in the
lot behind them. Where are the Harleys? And they're drinking...bottled
water? I bet they're aerospace engineers or something like that.

Since the internet boom crashed, the wild parties with champagne and
rock'n'roll stars have pretty much disappeared. Most people are happy to
see the doors are still open on Monday. You don't see the Harleys because
the table in the right background is set up in the motorcycle parking
spaces. There must still be some money somewhere - the head cheese drives a
Ferrari.

From one end of this parking lot you can see about a dozen Qualcomm
buildings (including the infamous Building K). From the other end (and from
some of the premier second floor offices) you can see the ocean.

Old December 24th 04, 01:54 PM
pigo

Aluminum's ok, but no graphite or bamboo.

YES! I believe that *an aluminum pole* is the traditional description.

Old December 24th 04, 02:55 PM
Richard Henry

InZONyd.1603$yW5.783@fed1read02, Richard Henry dropped this bomb:

Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

Lack of denial about my referring to big bruiser with popeye forearms as
RH, noted.
Actually, that fellow looks a little like a guy I work with. He was the
Ottawa Police Association Power Lifting Champion for a long time.

OK, I will admit that one is not me. I said I was the good-looking one,
remember?

I was looking for words to summarize this group, and I realized these
are the people that have the worst attitiude because they could all be
working somewhere else next week. Probably for more money.

Still, if they pay you more, they might expect a better attitude. This
outfit probably figures it can make a meal out of putting up with some
**** running uphill so long as there's results.

The company has been through the wringer of downsizing over the last few
years. They were able to make appropriate layoffs (although some good
people left on their own when they saw the lights dimming). The people left
after that process are all hardworking, competent and necessary. Then
things turned around with several new contracts, and they need to staff up
again, I was happily retired when a manager (a friend of mine from a
previous job) called me, waking me from my afternoon nap. The State of
California has even built a new freeway almost directly betweeen my house
and the company location, so how could I turn it down?

There's a raft of Multi-national branch plants up here that like to staff
a lot of their key positions with tokers from the good ole USA, because
dr00g testing ain't allowed in these parts.
[Also these people don't tend to go brawling in the bars as a result of
their "recreational" drug use, thus saving police resources for where
they're really needed,(hot cars & donuts)]

At the end of my interview day, I was sent over to an industrial health
center to contribute a sample for screening. Everyone else got the same
treatment at some point.

Old December 24th 04, 07:29 PM
Java Man

In article 9_Wyd.3682$yW5.444@fed1read02, says...
OK, I will admit that one is not me. I said I was the good-looking one,
remember?

IOW, you're not in the picture.

Rick
Old December 24th 04, 09:30 PM
Richard Henry

"Java Man" wrote in message
ble.net...
In article 9_Wyd.3682$yW5.444@fed1read02, says...
OK, I will admit that one is not me. I said I was the good-looking one,
remember?

IOW, you're not in the picture.

You must be among those who subscribe to the theory that I am not me.