When to buy snowboards?

Old January 19th 04, 04:29 AM
james woods

Default When to buy snowboards?

I've heard snowboards are cheapest after the winter season. I'm
looking for a 2004 Burton Custom. It retails for $480. How much would
it go down? There's only one ski/snowboard shop in 10 miles radius
around here and they sell at retail price now. Should I wait until
spring or buy one now at like $350 on ebay?
Old January 19th 04, 05:17 PM
Jason Watkins

Everyone knows the name Burton, and it's good gear, so the price tends
to stay high. I think the cheapest I've seen burton boards go after
season here is 40% off, so if you find something for $300 on ebay or
otherwise, you can feel like you got about as good a deal as possible.
Sometimes you can strike gold and get something cheaper, but's not so
likely. 40% off should be fairly easy to find at the end of the
season.
Old January 19th 04, 06:05 PM
Ace

I've heard snowboards are cheapest after the winter season. I'm
looking for a 2004 Burton Custom. It retails for $480. How much would
it go down? There's only one ski/snowboard shop in 10 miles radius
around here and they sell at retail price now. Should I wait until
spring or buy one now at like $350 on ebay?

Typically I think I see boards go down no more than 20% from their
original price, unless you're buying online. As far as ebay goes, I
bought my Ride Mountain hardly used on ebay for $100. I was very
happy with that route, and the seller was really helpful with fast
service.

Eric
Old January 19th 04, 07:06 PM
Florian

It's right that Burton's gear tends to stay high-priced mainly by the name.
Here in Austria I saw Burton Cascades (they were stopped to be built three
years ago!) in shops this year that were only up to 30% cheaper than
original priced!

I don't you what it is like in the states, but here in europe we've got
special sales always at the end of winter in which shops try to get rid of
every piece they've got in their stock.

keep on riding, flo

Comments about OSB Snowboards Jeff Smith Snowboarding 0 January 12th 04 07:51 PM
Illuminati Snowboards Lance Snowboarding 3 November 13th 03 06:56 AM
Borton snowboards dk Snowboarding 0 October 10th 03 02:07 AM
Joyride snowboards? Ninja 158 model? consumer Snowboarding 0 October 8th 03 09:37 PM
Where can I get retired snowboards in the DC area (and where in general)? PCB Snowboarding 2 July 14th 03 07:35 PM