Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

Old January 16th 04, 10:18 PM
klaus

Default Self-described Snowboard Whore Fired

In rec.skiing.alpine mark wrote:

And you're right, we Germanic types are a bit challenged in that department!

Which part? Satire?? **** you.

-klaus

Old January 16th 04, 11:21 PM
Jason M.

"pigo" wrote in message

She may have been writing as a character, but nonetheless I sensed a great
deal of hostility toward her students. The woman struck me as a self
centered, spoiled brat, no better than the worst of the students she
depicted.

Why so redundant? She was a *snowboard* instructor afterall.

C'mon. The "snowboarder" stereotype is a little worn. I've been
skiing and snowboarding for years. When I was a skier, and had my
first experiences with snowboarders, I found them disrespectful,
ungraceful, and in the way as they plopped down on there butts in the
middle of the slope.

But now I'm a snowboarder, and I see that it is mostly the beginners
(skiers and boarders) who are in the way and ungraceful. Some
boarders and skiers have bad attitudes, young and old.

and remember, its easy to have no skills on a board or skis.
Old January 17th 04, 01:03 AM
the outfitter

Whatever happened to the days when instructors were supposed to set a good
example for their sport.

ugh

"Walt" wrote in message

Courtesy of Rogers Cadenhead's Cruel Site of the Day
www.cruel.com

http://www.aspentimes.com/apps/pbcs..../COLUMN/312310
17

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2754374/detail.html

ASPEN, Colo. -- An Aspen Times columnist has been fired from her
job as a snowboard instructor at Snowmass after mocking her students
and their parents in a recent column.

In her Jan. 1 column, Alison Berkley described one student as a
"fat retarded kid" and "whale boy," and said students' "ultrawealthy"
parents "think I'm a miracle worker because their brain-dead kid
actually got excited about something besides video games for the
first time since the day she turned 13."

--
//-Walt
//

Old January 17th 04, 02:40 AM
The Real Bev

Jason Watkins wrote:

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

That's california, I had no vote in that election. Besides... they're
all going to have to learn to swim soon enough :P.

NONONONONO. We'll have to learn San Franciscan. Or they'll have to
learn Angeleno, which is probably more likely. We're WAY tougher than
they are.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 17th 04, 02:41 AM
The Real Bev

BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

Jason Watkins wrote:

Please don't generalize about "Americans". We're individuals over here
just like everyone else, no alien hive mind controlling us all. We
don't all agree. Some of the sentiments behind the generalizations are
definately common, but don't make the leap of assuming that's how we
all like it here.

Aw come on, any country that could elect the current Gov. of California
must lack a sense of Arnie

Here in The Colonies we would use a "groan" instead of a smiley.
Besides, Ahnold roolZ.

Is it true that the big sign up in the hills has been changed to
"HOLLVOOD" ?

No, but Caltech hasn't done anything with the sign recently. Maybe that
will be their next project.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 17th 04, 03:10 AM
Vern93

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:

Isn't Norm Macdonald Canadian? He is one of the funniest guys
on the planet!

The new worst job in the world - Assistant Crack Whore. Norm was
funny for about 2 seasons on SNL and then his schtick wore off.

He still makes me laugh. Maybe it's a character flaw on my part, but I
even liked the "The Norm Macdonald Show" and even that awful movie
"Dirty Work" "Note to self: buy giant tube of anal wart cream"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120654/

But then again "Buddy Wassisname and the Other
Fellers" always makes me laugh too.

Hackett? One of the funniest guys on the planet.

Jay Mohr did a very nice tribute to Mr Hackman in his televised comedy
special. I was being a little too obscure. "Buddy Wassisname and the
Other Fellers" is the name of a musicial/comedy group out of
Newfoundland. The name is a variation of what a Newfie says when he
can't remember a person's name.

Dave
Old January 17th 04, 04:28 AM
Vern93

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:

Jay Mohr did a very nice tribute to Mr Hackman in his televised

Hackett!! It's freaking Hackett!!!

Yeah, Buddy Hackman, the Las Vegas Comic. Buddy Hackman used to be on
Johnny Carson about once a month. I'm a huge fan of of Buddy Hackman.

And I am a huge fan of Eric Clapner music too.

Dave
Old January 17th 04, 05:38 AM
Vern93

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:

And I am a huge fan of Eric Clapner music too.

Thank you Ms. Elders. :-)

Niiiiiiiiice

You made my night.

Dave

Snowboard Forums ? Rob Snowboarding 2 December 31st 03 03:58 PM
broken snowboard sporty.zimowe Snowboarding 2 December 3rd 03 04:43 PM
Snowboard Manufacturers and Retail Outlets BarB Snowboarding 2 November 25th 03 02:07 AM
FS: Oxbow snowboard Jacket brand new Craig Corbett Snowboarding 1 October 6th 03 04:08 PM
Is this snowboard too long for me? Gary H Snowboarding 5 September 25th 03 02:44 PM