newbie!

Old January 21st 04, 07:42 PM
NikkiG

Default newbie!

hiya ive just got into wanting to learn to snowboard, and am wanting to no is
it hard to learn? i have heard that going down the slope backwards to start
with is easier is this true? i am keen and egaer to learn so any help will be
gratfully received!

nikki
Old January 21st 04, 07:58 PM
Jürgen Schmadlak

NikkiG wrote:

hiya ive just got into wanting to learn to snowboard, and am wanting to no is
it hard to learn? i have heard that going down the slope backwards to start
with is easier is this true? i am keen and egaer to learn so any help will be
gratfully received!

Easy or not, that depends on you. Some learnd it fast, some will
never.

If you want to start take a course, a 2 day course is a good idea.
If you rent the equipment ask some boarder to help you.

I think nobody likes to go down backwards as a beginner. It is not
funny if you don't see were are you boarding to. In the first lessen
you will learn how to go down forward (riding on the *backside*).

--
Satisfy your thirst for life!
NP: Mittermeier vs. Guano Babes - Kumba Yo!
Old January 21st 04, 10:35 PM
Simon B.

"Jürgen Schmadlak" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I think nobody likes to go down backwards as a beginner. It is not
funny if you don't see were are you boarding to. In the first lessen
you will learn how to go down forward (riding on the *backside*).

That is true, although I think I heard somewhere that riding your board
fakie (that is backwards) once in a while helps you straightening your body
as it will keep you from rotating your upper body too far to the
left(regular) or to the right(goofy). That rotation above the hip is (in my
opinion) one most common problems for a beginner (especially if their feet
are perpendicular to their board - 0 0).

So *I* think even newbies should try going backwards as soon as they
mastered going forward :-)

Simon

Newbie Christian Snowboarding 3 December 25th 03 03:46 PM
Newbie Question Will Snowboarding 3 December 11th 03 10:58 PM
Help for a newbie fanatic Savage Snowboarding 6 November 14th 03 01:59 PM