New 05/06 ski discussion

Old September 15th 05, 03:59 PM
steve steve is offline
Member

Location: Ottawa
Default New 05/06 ski discussion

Alright, I'm in the market for a new set of skate skis. Fast ones, that is!

Currently have my eye on the new Rossi S1 or 2, or the Atomic RS11.

I hear that Rossi (and maybe Atomic?) have incorporated a new binding system for their 2006 offerings - the binding can be adjusted/moved depending on snow conditions. Can anyone speak to this? I also hear great things about the new Atomic bases?

I currently have a pair of Fischers RCS that are great on hard cold tracks and a pr of Atomic Beta's that are sorta of an all round ski. I'd like to find something better suited to slightly warmer softer conditions.

Last question, is there a big difference in a ski's performance, esp between the different companies (Fisch, Atomic, Ross, etc.), with a 10 to 15 pound skier weight change. That is, at my current weight of 190 - 195 (my beer drinking summer weight) and my 'in top shape' winter weight of 180-185 would the ski perform a lot differently?? In other words, would getting my ski flexed now at my current weight negatively effect my mid-winter (race) performance? (Yes, one day I'll hopefully find a summer sport I like as much as skiing to keep my weight uniform ?!)

Steve
Old September 19th 05, 10:31 AM

nobody answers you Steve..

for us that are non-elite skiers the base and quality is excellent on
all major brands. get some skis that _feel_ good for you when skiing.
The skatecut of madshus do I find comfortable and fast for me.
http://www.madshus.com/ski/vis_ski.php?SkiID=17
You go faster if you spend money on training instead of top equipment.
Like pick SCS and not RCS.

The adjustabel ski binding is maybe the NIS
http://www.madshus.com/nis/index.php

As for heavy summer weight and lower in winter.. As you get better
during season and lighter you will be kicking down your grip zone
better too. ah, pick ski from an average weight.

--
steve